100% Completion Commandments

• Thread starter Heart
  • Start date
Heart

Heart

Unstoppable
Towns Folk
These are self imposed guidelines I've created to help myself stay sane while I complete games and to make it possible to realistically complete all games. (copy and pasted from my Backloggary page)

Completion Commandments- The following content are not required to complete games:
1) Event/Distribution/Limited time related
2) DLC related (DLC is any purchase other than the game itself)
3) Wireless communications related
4) Missables
5) Unrealistic (requiring over 1,000 hours to attain a SINGLE element, i.e. 1million battles in smash)
6) Monotonous achievements created with intent to infinitely expand the game (be very careful when determining what fits this rule)

All are not required but encouraged.

Backloggery Rules - The following aren't required for completion but if possible are strongly encouraged.

1. Difficulties:

Beating a game on the hardest difficulty isn't required unless required to obtain a 100% completion rating.

2. Downloadable Content (DLC):

Purchasing a game's add-on content is not required for completion.

3. Online Content:

Completing a game's online multiplayer is not required for completion as servers shut down over time. Any trophies obtained through online play will be neccessary unless unobatainable due to lack of players, or the aforementioned server shut downs.

3.1 Local Content:

Certain games require use of two systems, two copies of a game and use of external cables that are no longer manufactured. Games that fall under this category will be completed as soon as I do everything possible within the game itself.

4. Unrealistic:

Anything unrealistic in games will not be required for completion. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS has a milestone for playing 1,000,000 Smash battles. That's the example I'm giving.

5. Duplicate Copies:

If I own two copies of a single game on two different platforms that are the exact same they will be nulled until I beat on one platform or the other. Any games with trophies/extra in-game content that I own two of will be nulled until completion.

Mine.

Also, one more rule I like to use myself is that I cannot use a walkthrough to look for game secrets. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like I don't enjoy the game enough if I use a walkthrough. It's like getting the answers to your math exam. One more thing I usually do is I don't just breeze through the story first, and then collect the other items later. I try to collect any possible items ASAP, as it is a great help throoughout the story.

For me, 100% completion is based on these things:

Quests - If possible, try to complete all of the quests in a game
Collectibles - If possible, collect all of them. (Note: Collectibles =/= basic items, armour or weapons)
Main Story + Optional Events/Side Story - Should be completed in any case, level or used characters doesn't matter.
Characters - In case of FE games, try to keep all of them alive. Otherwise, have all the characters of a game that can help you join you.
Wireless/DLC/Impossible/Unrealistic - Unless (in the case of Wireless) if somebody else owns the game and is willing to help, 100% Completion can be achieved without going for these.
Secrets - Optional, but if possible, do them.

Second Note: Wireless also concerns Online Play. In case of Online Play, it must be done unless if servers are down/players aren't playing the game anymore.

I don't have a Backloggery, but, those are my criterias for "100%"-ing a game.

Yeah this thing is probably very useful to keep track if you really really did 100 percent finish a game . I also like to not use a guide as @AliTheAce said . Like in The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time . I used to always want to use a guide but when I unlocked the Master Quest . I decided to NOT use a guide . It took me months but I did it . It really gave a true feeling of when you solve a puzzle than just looking for the answer . This is one of the ways you can have a single player game last long

Back