"2 Tracks per stage" 3DS

• Thread starter nicklesimba
  • Start date
nicklesimba

nicklesimba

New Kid from Dreamland
Towns Folk
A little while back, we heard that 3DS Smash Bros. will only feature 2 songs per level...while that is a bummer, it only makes sense. With that said, I've been eagerly anticipating the 3DS soundtrack and what songs will play in each stage that's been announced so far. So here are my predictions (keep in mind I left off stages from series I know nothing about so if you DO know about the series I left off feel free to leave your thoughts).

**also skipping stages from stages that are vague/uncertain like paper mario and gb stages**

Arena Ferox - There's not a lot of options here, seeing as most of the non-cutscene music in Awakening were slight variations of each other...so I'm guessing probably just the main theme and maybe the assault theme?

Gerudo Valley - Well this one is obvious. Probably the main theme as the second song, because it would be more fitting here than on the spirit train.

Green Hill Zone - Green Hill Zone theme, and please, PLEASE, PLEASE not another song from Sonic R there are a billion good songs from other games. :p

Golden Plains - The NSMB overworld theme? The NSMB doesn't have many memorable tracks from what I remember, so the second song will probably just be another "meh" variation of the same song.

Jungle Japes - Now this one I'm excited for. The first song will just be jungle japes, but there are so many options from DKCR...pls Nintendo. pls.

Rainbow Road - Rainbow road theme from MK7 and (hoping for) the n64 version.

Reset Bomb Forest - Although it isn't specific to KI:U, I love the main theme so that would be great, and the music for this part in the game was fantastic. That's two tracks right there. q.q Wish there were more per stage...oh well I can dream.

Spirit Train - The overworld theme. I'm willing to bet my life that this theme will be in it. And Spirit Tracks had a lot of great music so...hmm...actually, the Great Sea theme from Phantom Hourglass is equally fitting and would help to represent both DS Zelda titles...damn, so underrated :(

3D Land - Again, the overworld theme. It's super catchy and fun. The second song could be the castle theme from Super Mario 3D World, because it's better than the one in 3D Land and is basically the same thing. No need to be technical, right?

Tomodachi Life - I don't know much about this game besides I want it, but from WiiFolderJosh (great youtube channel, check it out guys), I know there's a really laid back island theme and I think it would be hilariously ironic to hear that play while characters fiercely duke it out. As for the second song, idk. :p

Wily Castle - We know the Wily Castle music will play, but I also want the intro music! :D

Reactions: Magitroopa
For Green Hill zone I'd like one of the themes to be Act 3/Boss from Sunset Hill since it's a whole lot better remix than GHZ.
For Reset Bomb Forest I'd like the Thunder Temple theme as well because it sounds great and it'll fit the fighting theme (although it might be the Boss Battle theme but hopefully that will go to the Wii U stage.
Jungle Japes should have the DK Rap theme from Melee to go with the classic Melee nostalgia.

All of them will have great themes although I might not like the Golden Plains theme since most 2D Mario games use the same recycled themes.

Reactions: nicklesimba
Only 2 songs per level? Why not more? I don't really see any problems. I just think that having a smaller number of songs can make the game boring if someone plays a lot. Even three songs per level would be much better in my opinion.

Reactions: nicklesimba and Artisan
Wow. This is a letdown, seeing that there are so many memorable soundtracks from all of the characters of their games. I could think of over a dozen for just the Zelda Themed stage.
I think they are doing this for saving space, as it can be expensive to get a game cart of such a large size.

I think they are doing this for saving space, as it can be expensive to get a game cart of such a large size.
That's what I'm thinking.

I don't really care a whole lot about the soundtrack.... (with super smash bros 64 only feature 1 song per stage...) i'm more concerned on how hard the gameplay will be to control on a portable system like the 3DS... It's the first portable super smash bros (and the first with 3D capabilities...) so yea thats just it. the soundtrack is a little side note, even though it is an important aspect off the game, so, knowing nintendo i'm sure they will do a good job with the music, and with saying that, also the controls! Hopefully, Nintendo knows what they're doing and will make this game an honourary game of the super smash bros series! I'm getting excited just thinking about it!! :D

A varied soundtrack for each level would be nice, but I think 2 is sufficient. There could be an option to allow users to add more tracks to a stage if a lot of people want more songs. I guess just 2 songs could eventually become repetitive, but matches aren't that long in the first place.

but matches aren't that long in the first place.
Now that i think about it, the game was designed to be a handheld experience so we shouldn't get tired of the music for a while.

Now that i think about it, the game was designed to be a handheld experience so we shouldn't get tired of the music for a while.
With the minor exception of Vs. Local Multiplayer and you both play the same stages over again until you mastered the stage. Sure you wouldn't even be listening to the music but concentrating on beating up your opponent listening to different character sound effects (or have a weird match where only sound effects are heard).

Tomodachi Life - I don't know much about this game besides I want it, but from WiiFolderJosh (great youtube channel, check it out guys), I know there's a really laid back island theme and I think it would be hilariously ironic to hear that play while characters fiercely duke it out. As for the second song, idk. :p

Tomodachi Life is my FAVORITE 3DS game out there. I know all about the game. >:D

With that being said, it probably will be the one I love and hope it will be: The Tomodachi Life Day theme:

But... If this stage incorporates a day AND night cycle (Day while in the day, night while in the night) then they will probably be using this as the second song:

Back