2019 I GOT A WII U FOR CHRISTMAS

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
Wow... just wow... I got an actual Wii U for Christmas... At least the games are cheap and I have a boat load of Wii games. I am really liking it and the game pad is so useful! I am probably going to love this more than the Switch!

Reactions: Leej07, Duffy, Starry Windy and 1 other person
Yeah, the Wii U got a lot of hate originally, but I quite liked the games on there, and the Gamepad was very unique and cool. A very fun console for me.

Plus, Wii U’s are actually incredibly hard to get now, iirc. Saw a news article about two weeks ago saying that brand new ones are selling for over $800 on eBay, lol

Glad you’re liking it! If you don’t own it yet, I highly reccomend getting Nintendo Land, that was a very fun game for me and my fam. :p

Reactions: Jisenku
Yeah, the Wii U got a lot of hate originally, but I quite liked the games on there, and the Gamepad was very unique and cool. A very fun console for me.

Plus, Wii U’s are actually incredibly hard to get now, iirc. Saw a news article about two weeks ago saying that brand new ones are selling for over $800 on eBay, lol

Glad you’re liking it! If you don’t own it yet, I highly reccomend getting Nintendo Land, that was a very fun game for me and my fam. :p
Thanks for the suggestion! I was thinking to buy that but I wasn't too sure

Reactions: Samster
The Wii U was a great console, but it was flawed in marketing. No one wanted to buy what was marketed as a kids toy. All the cringey ads only made it worse. It was a good idea, but it was flawed in that aspect.
I think the reason its super expensive now is because of
1. they are starting to get rare (they arent being produced anymore)
2. they are really easy to hack and get games on, making it the ultimate retro nintendo game machine.

Congrats! Games are really cheap, I reccomend you grab Star Fox Zero, Mario Maker, and Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Wii u, and if you don't have a Switch delve into BOTW, Bayonetta, and Mk8. Smash 4 is also fantastic as a party game.

Many other gems that I can't think of on top of my head.... Definitely was my favorite Nintendo console, really enjoyed it.

Hope you had a good Christmas! The Wii U seems like an underrated console with soooooo many great games. I kind of wish I didn't miss it, but at least some of the games are coming to switch. Either way enjoy your Wii U! There's so many great and classic games, as well as remakes of HD Remasters or Zelda games, and Breath of the Wild, and soooo many great virtual console games!

Thank you so much! Once I connect it to the internet, the account on the Wii U has Super Smash Bros. Yeah!

Thank you so much! Once I connect it to the internet, the account on the Wii U has Super Smash Bros. Yeah!
Good to hear. I recommend Marth, Rosalina and Luma, and Little Mac. Especially Little Mac for the For Glory experience. I recommend you just to buy the Dreamland 64 stage.
Also games that look good to me on this console are DKC: Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World and maybe Splatoon but I haven't played it.

The Wii U was a great console, but it was flawed in marketing. No one wanted to buy what was marketed as a kids toy. All the cringey ads only made it worse. It was a good idea, but it was flawed in that aspect.
I think the reason its super expensive now is because of
1. they are starting to get rare (they arent being produced anymore)
2. they are really easy to hack and get games on, making it the ultimate retro nintendo game machine.

I totally agree! I am planning to hack it only for custom mods and etc.

Congrats! Games are really cheap, I reccomend you grab Star Fox Zero, Mario Maker, and Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Wii u, and if you don't have a Switch delve into BOTW, Bayonetta, and Mk8. Smash 4 is also fantastic as a party game.

Many other gems that I can't think of on top of my head.... Definitely was my favorite Nintendo console, really enjoyed it.

I have heard of Xenoblade and I thought that would be cool
Also hoping to get Super Mario Maker!!!

Hope you had a good Christmas! The Wii U seems like an underrated console with soooooo many great games. I kind of wish I didn't miss it, but at least some of the games are coming to switch. Either way enjoy your Wii U! There's so many great and classic games, as well as remakes of HD Remasters or Zelda games, and Breath of the Wild, and soooo many great virtual console games!

Oh! I almost forgot about the Remakes... HD! HD! HD!!!!

Good to hear. I recommend Marth, Rosalina and Luma, and Little Mac. Especially Little Mac for the For Glory experience. I recommend you just to buy the Dreamland 64 stage.
Also games that look good to me on this console are DKC: Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World and maybe Splatoon but I haven't played it.

Tropical Freeze does sound nice... and they bring back Dixie Kong!

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior and Duffy
I bought Nintendo Land for my 8 year old cousin. (It broke by accident so my aunt got him a replacement.) I also bought the same cousin Animal Crossing Amino Festival for $4 and GameStop. They're both really fun to play and we have a great time while playing all the content offered within them! I love all of my cousins very much! :cat:

• Funny
My favourite Nintendo Land game mode is the Luigi's Ghost Mansion one. It's the one where the person on the gamepad is the ghost and then the ghost has to capture all the other people and the other people defeat the ghost by using their torches.

• Informative
Back