Support Needed 2DS makes high pitched ringing noise while charging

• Thread starter Shiny
  • Start date
Shiny

Shiny

Pretty much dead x.x
Towns Folk
Hey everyone! I just realized today that my Nintendo 2DS (the old one) makes a weird high pitched ringing noise while charging. Is this bad?

Uh well that's a first I've heard about that.

Is it an official charger you're using? Is it loud or quiet? Is the sound coming from the 2ds itself or the charger?

Uh well that's a first I've heard about that.

Is it an official charger you're using? Is it loud or quiet? Is the sound coming from the 2ds itself or the charger?
Its an official charger. In fact, its the charger that came with the 2DS when it was bought. Its not too loud but not too quiet either. I can't really tell if its from the 2DS or the charger but i think its from the 2ds.

Its an official charger. In fact, its the charger that came with the 2DS when it was bought. Its not too loud but not too quiet either. I can't really tell if its from the 2DS or the charger but i think its from the 2ds.

Try and listen closely to it.

Is the DS fully charged when it happens? Or does it happen all the time? Was there a power surge or a sudden power cut right before this started happening?

Either way, either try getting a new charger (official one ofc) or send it in for repairs. Buzzing sounds while charging is never really a good sign, could be a short circuit or anything like that.

I think it happens all the time. I don't think a power surge or power cut happened. I'm hoping to ask Nintendo Support about it.

Huh weird... For some reason its not making that weird noise anymore. I'll still keep an eye on it though.

any changes/differences in how you're charging it or something?

any changes/differences in how you're charging it or something?
Nope exactly the same thing.

I also did a battery test (wifi on and full brightness) and it took about 1 hour and a half to go from 4 bars to 3 bars (50 percent) which is perfectly normal.

Back