2DS or 3DS?

• Thread starter TheMightyButterCookie
  • Start date
TheMightyButterCookie

TheMightyButterCookie

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
My cousin is turning 5 this year, and wants a DS, like most of us kids in our family. Should he get a 2DS or a 3DS?

For ages above 8 I'd advise a 3DS since it's more fun with 3d and easier to carry in your pocket, but since he's so young (isn't he a little young for a console or handheld?) I'd say you should go with a 2DS. They are more robust (you can't break the hinge if there is no hinge :p) and your cousin most likely won't use the 3D anyway. The 2DS is slightly cheaper too.

My cousin is turning 5 this year, and wants a DS, like most of us kids in our family. Should he get a 2DS or a 3DS?
Get him a 2ds. Safer for children as they can't break any hinges, and it is also sturdier

A 2DS is a way more better option. It should last longer than the 3DS as it does not have any risks of easily breaking and causing some sort of injury. Plus there is no 3D, which is recommended for children below the age of 7 as it will damage their eyesight. (Though for the 3DS it can be restricted as well, but the 2DS is a more overall safer device)

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Another advantage of the 2ds is that it's cheaper so you can get a better deal on it than you would a 3ds

I think it's better to buy the 2DS because it's cheaper, and safer for children. It's also should last longer, like Eridan said.
I have 2DS and from the experience it's really good, and I don't really like the 3DS's 3D option so I think I was not using it if I had the 3DS.

I will advice you to buy 2ds as it is quite cheaper than 3ds and will be good option for kid at the age of 5 ,2ds have sturdy body so it can't be easily break by kids.

Also I think 3ds is not a good idea for 5 year old kid as 3d mode also effects eyes really badly.

Since he's quite young for owning a console I would think that the Nintendo 2ds would work much better than the Nintendo 3ds. As it doesn't have any hinges so if he accidentally drops it when he's excited trying to beat his parents in a race to the or such it will be more stable than the Nintendo 3ds.

Back