Ultimate 3.0.0 Update & Joker! Thoughts and Opinions

• Thread starter EnderLord
  • Start date
EnderLord

EnderLord

I'm new
Towns Folk
Hey, all! MasterofBasics here. Yes, I saw the 3.0 update and I have Joker. I will provide some of my thoughts and opinions on the update. To me, all the stages created so far with the stage builder have been really innovative. I've even tried my hand at making a few stages, and I'm not going to lie I'm sort of happy with how they turned out.
I have also made and edited a video with the new video editor, and honestly it's not the worst thing in the world. A complaint I do have is that you can only put in one subtitle. What if you could put multiple and make it seem like the characters were having a little conversation or what-not? Heck, you could create a meme. In Smash Bros. Just a thought.
Joker is a really, really fun character to use. The powered-up version with Arsene has very satisfying moves. The gun becomes a lot more powerful and the recovery is even greater. Joker seems like a great fit for Smash. Admittedly, I haven't tried Joker too much, but I plan to try him a lot more in the future.
At last, we have Shared Content and Smash World. Shared Content was a great feature to put in; letting people and friends share stages with each other will prove great things. Of course, not only stages can be shared; Mii Fighters (yay!), videos, and spectate can also be shared on this platform.
Overall, 3.0.0 and Joker have been pretty good for Smash Bros. We got a stage builder, an in-game video editor, Joker, and a way to be a little more social on the game. Way to go Nintendo, Sakurai, and the team working on Smash Bros.!
Please note that everything above is my personal opinion, and it does not have to apply to you.
So, what do you think of 3.0 and Joker? Do you enjoy it? Do you simply despise it? You can leave your thoughts in the replies section if you'd wish. Have a nice day, or night!

I haven't really played with stage builder and the video editor so I can't comment on those. However with that aside this update has been a pretty good one! Smash world is an awesome feature that I wish was there at launch. I love checking it before I turn my switch off and see what hilarious miis I want to download. Thank you smash world. Now I can play with my Steve Harvey and Lord Farquad miis all I want now!

As for joker I have only played a little bit of him but from what I have played he is a fun character to use. Nothing else really needs to be said. He seems like a decent character and the fact that arsene comes out earlier if you're losing can help turn some games around. However I do not think he is nowhere near s tier. I personally put him at A tier.

The one thing I wish they did more of is balance changes. I'm glad they did the overall projectile nerf but I wanted more. I was hoping they would get rid of Peach's float cancel glitch and provide serious nerfs to characters who really need them.

Also Olimar players can spam the c stick even more now that smash attacks properly charge up now..... please nintendo please nerf him in patch 4.0

Reactions: EnderLord
I've played Joker. Not as Joker but against him. His recovery as Arsene just busts the game as to how broken he is. You can't even edgeguard him properly. That just makes him solid all around and if you haven't played him because he's DLC it's the new Bayo. Definitely the best character in the DLC lineup but all I can say is haha ATLUS looks like SMT ain't your hard suit. I mean Persona 4 had a chance to be in Smash right? Characters from those games have ACTUALLY been in fighting games and then we get Joker. smh

Back