3DS Cancer: GATEWAY

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Well, thanks to an user I know those are actually selling in the market and working.
The bad thing is you can play almost every 3DS game, the good thing you can't use online features or eShop (yay! no hackers!)

Well, I made a little research and note some games like Animal Crossing doesn't work because it has it's own nand memory (also Pokémon X and Y)

Well, this works a lot like the PS3 soft-mode, but with hardware needed.

I saw the price of it in my country and how much it will be cost and what I would need, and I will say I prefer to pay more for an original game than pay another console for it and also, 270 bucks for the card.

I mean, it's crazy...
What do you think?

PS: don't give links or something else that can promote the card.

I say Nintendo better hurry up and make an update. People need to stop with this crap. It's getting old and obnoxious. If it wasn't clear, I don't support any form of hacking on handhelds lol

Reactions: Memento Mori and Marc
I say Nintendo better hurry up and make an update. People need to stop with this crap. It's getting old and obnoxious. If it wasn't clear, I don't support any form of hacking on handhelds lol

I don't support it too, but Nintendo doesn't make nothing about neither...

I don't support it too, but Nintendo doesn't make nothing about neither...

Their loss. Piracy honestly ruins things. Companies lose thousands of dollars because people are to cheap to buy their games. And the places that sell any hacking device are just downright low and pathetic.

Their loss. Piracy honestly ruins things. Companies lose thousands of dollars because people are to cheap to buy their games. And the places that sell any hacking device are just downright low and pathetic.

I disagree with that.
Some places the taxes are too high and it not the same pay the game very cheap than paying the triple for it.

I disagree with that.
Some places the taxes are too high and it not the same pay the game very cheap than paying the triple for it.

Yes. But that's not how it is here in America. The people just pirate because they don't feel like buying the games because they don't know if they'll "like" the game. Not like that for all, but piracy just ruins things -.-

Yes. But that's not how it is here in America. The people just pirate because they don't feel like buying the games because they don't know if they'll "like" the game. Not like that for all, but piracy just ruins things -.-

Well, if you can't test the game first, I agree with download the game first.
The quality decreased a lot in the last time, and money is harder to get.

Well, if you can't test the game first, I agree with download the game first.
The quality decreased a lot in the last time, and money is harder to get.

You don't have to download it illegally first. Because who'd buy it after pirating? You can always just watch videos online or see if a person that you know has it. For anyone in general. Like seriously. Pirating for those people isn't the answer. xD

You don't have to download it illegally first. Because who'd buy it after pirating? You can always just watch videos online or see if a person that you know has it. For anyone in general. Like seriously. Pirating for those people isn't the answer. xD

Well, I had to download first if it's for PC, games here aren't cheap.
Reviews and videos have a lot of the fanboy touch so I can't believe in them.
But the solution would be more demos honestly.

Well, at least we won't lose gaming quality with this in the market (but forget about physical releases)

Yeah....I'm done. lol

Is it a permanent thing if you use it or is it something that you could easily switch on and off and be able to get the best of both worlds (not trying to promote it, just asking)?

I think that Nintendo should also do a system update, to prevent any more thoughts and further uses of the card, this flashcard is useless because it doesn't support the online feature in game, so therefore one of the most enjoyable parts of playing some games is taken away, its not worth it (IMO)
Is it a permanent thing if you use it or is it something that you could easily switch on and off and be able to get the best of both worlds (not trying to promote it, just asking)?
Well an flashcard (Gateway,R4i) card is something where you have an insert area for a memory card, that flashcard is useless once you update your 3DS system past the flashcard capability, (I don't have a 3DS so I am unaware of the version that are currently out, so I will use the DSI version to explain) lets say that flashcard supports 1.4.1 U (DSI) and you update your DSI to 1.4.3U, the card will be useless, so therefore it is not permanent, you can always update, and I don't think its the best of both world becuase once you update your system the flashcard will not work.

I hope Nintendo finds a way to block it - maybe by making it compulsory to have the latest system software, which blocks the flash cartridge, to play games. Piracy's the reason a lot of great Japanese games aren't localized.

I don't support piracy and dislike the way people say they pirate games and if they like them they buy them. They can try the demo or watch the trailer or read the reviews for that; I don't have time to play bad games :p

Reactions: Marajan
I hope Nintendo finds a way to block it - maybe by making it compulsory to have the latest system software, which blocks the flash cartridge, to play games. Piracy's the reason a lot of great Japanese games aren't localized.

I don't support piracy and dislike the way people say they pirate games and if they like them they buy them. They can try the demo or watch the trailer or read the reviews for that; I don't have time to play bad games :p

Yes, I agree with this 100%.

The best example of it is the PSP

Well, thanks to an user I know those are actually selling in the market and working.
The bad thing is you can play almost every 3DS game, the good thing you can't use online features or eShop (yay! no hackers!)

Well, I made a little research and note some games like Animal Crossing doesn't work because it has it's own nand memory (also Pokémon X and Y)

Well, this works a lot like the PS3 soft-mode, but with hardware needed.

I saw the price of it in my country and how much it will be cost and what I would need, and I will say I prefer to pay more for an original game than pay another console for it and also, 270 bucks for the card.

I mean, it's crazy...
What do you think?

PS: don't give links or something else that can promote the card.

I don't see why someone would pay $70 just for a card that can't use online features and can only play some games... It's totally useless. And really expensive too.

I don't see why someone would pay $70 just for a card that can't use online features and can only play some games... It's totally useless. And really expensive too.

I don't see why someone will pay $100 for an original game when you can use a card to play a lot of games, when you don't use online feature some much.

Some countries the games cost the triple that it should, being the main reason taxes.

Back