Support Needed 3DS Date and Time keep resetting?

• Thread starter 3905
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
This used to be a minor thing that would occur like once every now and then but now it's happening pretty much every time I turn on my 3DS. I noticed that whenever I turn on my 3DS, my date and time reset to January 1st, 2011 at 12 o'clock midnight (00:00 for those of you 24 hour clock people).

I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix this, because I kinda am getting tired of changing the date and time each time I turn on my 3DS. Also this isn't leading up to some big thing that could just end my 3DS's life completely right? I just want to know more about this and if there is any way to fix it from happening again.

I think it's because of the 3DS not registering and then registering the battery (battery slightly loose or something like that). That's usually why most consoles revert to their factory date and time.

Remove the battery, put it back in, and with any luck it'll fit right again and this issue'll be gone.

This used to be a minor thing that would occur like once every now and then but now it's happening pretty much every time I turn on my 3DS. I noticed that whenever I turn on my 3DS, my date and time reset to January 1st, 2011 at 12 o'clock midnight (00:00 for those of you 24 hour clock people).

I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix this, because I kinda am getting tired of changing the date and time each time I turn on my 3DS. Also this isn't leading up to some big thing that could just end my 3DS's life completely right? I just want to know more about this and if there is any way to fix it from happening again.
It may be just what @Spinnerweb said, but when my battery was dieing it would do this all the time. If removing and putting back the battery does not work I would either contact Nintendo, or buy a new battery.

I think it's because of the 3DS not registering and then registering the battery (battery slightly loose or something like that). That's usually why most consoles revert to their factory date and time.

Remove the battery, put it back in, and with any luck it'll fit right again and this issue'll be gone.
Sounds fair enough. Exactly how do I get into my 3DS's battery though, I don't want to accidentally tear apart my system while trying to open it :panda:

Sounds fair enough. Exactly how do I get into my 3DS's battery though, I don't want to accidentally tear apart my system while trying to open it :panda:
Clickety. Good luck.

Oh wow that's a lot simpler than I imagined lol. I think I have a #00 (+) screwdriver lying around somewhere, so I'll get to that later today.

Thank you so much Spinny ^-^

Reactions: 18
Once you see your battery, make sure it isn't warped or bloated. This is a sure sign of an older and or over charged battery; it will need replacing.> Battery Info As you can see in the link 3DS XL and the New 3DS XL share the same battery, if you have another system swap the batteries to see IF a new battery is indeed what you need.

Any well stocked hardware store should have a #00 screw driver.

Once you see your battery, make sure it isn't warped or bloated. This is a sure sign of an older and or over charged battery; it will need replacing.> Battery Info As you can see in the link 3DS XL and the New 3DS XL share the same battery, if you have another system swap the batteries to see IF a new battery is indeed what you need.

Any well stocked hardware store should have a #00 screw driver.
I realized none of my current screwdrivers were #00 so I'm gonna have to hunt that down lol @-@
Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.

One last thing: If the battery is bloated do not touch it with bare hands. It can be leaking chemicals. Get gloves or some toiletpaper and carefully remove your battery. Do not put it back in. If it's damaged the leakage or heat it generates might damage your system if you leave it in. Good luck young padawan! Do tell us whether it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back