3DS games Digital download: GameStop or BestBuy?

• Thread starter Trinikirby
  • Start date

Gamestop or Best Buy for digital games codes?

• Gamestop

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Best Buy

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
I've only ever bought one game at Best Buy (which was Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, as it was on sale), but I often go to GameStop more than anywhere else for games, so I'd have to recommend GameStop.

Sometimes you'll end up getting a game that's scratched if you get it pre-owned, but if you're getting a download code, then you most likely won't have any worries (except if the code was used already, but the chances of that happening are likely very slim). And I think you could get a warranty for only $3-$5 extra incase you're worried something may happen?

Well, I haven't had experience - trying both stores to see if they'll work. So I can't give too much assistance here, but I was at the same point as you, looking for online stores to buy the game code, instead of going through all the problem of paying taxes etc. just to put on eShop credit... The thing is though, Gamestop has this:
  • Downloads to U.S. addresses only
  • Download orders are not eligible for returns or credits
Under their "Buy Download", I'm not to sure what that means, but I'm guessing it only take US Credit Card for billing information. I'm not sure don't quote me on that, so I skipped Gamestop, because I didn't want to go through any Credit-Card problems etc. (even though I doubt anything would've happen)

I didn't know Best-Buy had this, I didn't do any research about the Best-Buy digital download, so I'll try to see what I can dig up.

Well, I haven't had experience - trying both stores to see if they'll work. So I can't give too much assistance here, but I was at the same point as you, looking for online stores to buy the game code, instead of going through all the problem of paying taxes etc. just to put on eShop credit... The thing is though, Gamestop has this:
  • Downloads to U.S. addresses only
  • Download orders are not eligible for returns or credits
Under their "Buy Download", I'm not to sure what that means, but I'm guessing it only take US Credit Card for billing information. I'm not sure don't quote me on that, so I skipped Gamestop, because I didn't want to go through any Credit-Card problems etc. (even though I doubt anything would've happen)

I didn't know Best-Buy had this, I didn't do any research about the Best-Buy digital download, so I'll try to see what I can dig up.

I tought that the "Download to US adress only" meant that the code won't work on the Canadian's Eshop, only on the US eshop.
I'm getting confused :confused: If my mom gets problems with her credit card she'll kill me! :blackeye: I'll try to dig up some informations too! ;) (Off-topic: Does the "I still love, I still love, I still love" on your profile comes from Pills N Potions from Nicki Minaj? :) )

I don't suppose it should make a difference if you're getting digital codes. That said, the quickest and easiest way would definitely be adding funds directly to your eShop account. It'd be the most worry free approach for your parents, and certainly the most convenient.

I don't suppose it should make a difference if you're getting digital codes. That said, the quickest and easiest way would definitely be adding funds directly to your eShop account. It'd be the most worry free approach for your parents, and certainly the most convenient.

Yes but the problem is that I saw on some sites that the US Eshop only accepts US credit cards... :(

Yes but the problem is that I saw on some sites that the US Eshop only accepts US credit cards... :(

I'm confused ... do you own an NTSC 3DS but live in a PAL region?

Reactions: Trinikirby
Have you tried PCGameSupply? They offer international service, my parent's Credit-Card worked well there (and it isn't a US Credit Card).

Gamestop is the best

I'm confused ... do you own an NTSC 3DS but live in a PAL region?

Exactly, I live in Europe with my 3ds bought from the states...:meh:

Have you tried PCGameSupply? They offer international service, my parent's Credit-Card worked well there (and it isn't a US Credit Card).

I don't think my parents will accept to use their credit card on this kind of sites... (don't ask me why :bag:). Have you tried to use a Credit card on the eshop? Does it work?

I don't think my parents will accept to use their credit card on this kind of sites... (don't ask me why :bag:). Have you tried to use a Credit card on the eshop? Does it work?
I don't think it does, I have tried it earlier before, and it didn't take my Credit-Card. Though my 3DS was set to United States of America, not where I'm initially from. (And yes, the quote is from the song Pills N Potions :) )

The two sites didn't work, only avaible for US residents...:bag: I convinced My mom to buy a 35$ code on pcgamesupply and she finally accepted but when we had finish the order, the site said there "server were down for a few hours"... I hope they didn't take our money...:cry:

The two sites didn't work, only avaible for US residents...:bag: I convinced My mom to buy a 35$ code on pcgamesupply and she finally accepted but when we had finish the order, the site said there "server were down for a few hours"... I hope they didn't take our money...:cry:
I ordered $80 US (4 cards) in eShop credit today at PC Game Supply and it worked fine. Check and see if they charged you. If they did, log into your account and click on the "View My Orders" link to the top to find your code.

I ordered $80 US (4 cards) in eShop credit today at PC Game Supply and it worked fine. Check and see if they charged you. If they did, log into your account and click on the "View My Orders" link to the top to find your code.

I will try again today... Do you know what's the difference between the orange and the red eshop card? It seems that both can work on the 3ds...

I will try again today... Do you know what's the difference between the orange and the red eshop card? It seems that both can work on the 3ds...
I don't think there is a difference. Just make sure it says it works on 3DS before purchasing, ;)

i have a long list of issues with best buy. so i never go there outside of looking. so i rather go to gamestop

Back