Homebrew 3DS Homebrew Channel! Should you get it?

• Thread starter Nobiscis
  • Start date

What Homebrew channel do you have?

• Total voters
N

Nobiscis

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
Now, this post is based on my opinion. If you feel differently about this, feel free to comment what you think. :D

So, not to long ago, the homebrew channel for the 3DS was released! Is it good though?

Well, to answer that question, it may be a bit to early to say whether its good or not. The 3DS homebrew channel features only 3 quality channels; blargSnes, 3DS Craft, and GameYob.

BlargSnes is an emulator which allows you to download snes roms (From the computer of course) and transfer them to the 3DS. With these roms, you can play snes games on your 3DS! Now, you may be thinking "Well, I can get these Snes titles from the Eshop, so what point is there in that?" Well, yes you can get them from the Eshop. But only a few! With this emulator, you can play EVERY Snes title that has been released!

Minecraft players will like this one. 3DS craft is a client of Minecraft, but for the 3DS! Of course, there are going to be some things missing from the game that are from the PC version. But, that's okay, considering that Minecraft is a BIG game.

GameYob is exactly the same thing as BlargSnes, but you can play GAMEBOY games rather than Snes games. Now, the interesting thing about this is that you can get this (sort of) without the Homebrew Channel! Click here to see a video as to how you can do this.

Overall, all of these feature on the Homebrew Channel are GREAT! But there is a downside to all of this. You CANNOT have the latest firmware for 3DS as of this date. The versions you can use are 4.0.0-7 through 9.2.0-20. Another downside is that you need to have a computer with an SD card reader (sorry some mac users). You also need to acquire the game Cubic Ninja to do this. You could get the game from the Eshop, but you would need the Japanese version :cry:

Now for the final question. Is the Homebrew Channel worth it?

Yes! It is definitely worth it! There are some supplies you need to get (which is just Cubic Ninja) but that doesn't cost very much. The possibilities that will come to the 3DS Homebrew channel are definitely worth waiting for. If you have hacked a Wii and gotten the Homebrew channel, you know that it is AMAZING. Just think about the 3DS becoming the next Wii Homebrew channel! Cool right?

If you agree with this topic, let me know! If you have anything you want to add, leave a comment! Thank you! ~Nobiscis

Well here's my opinion :p

Although all these features are quite nifty and great , I still can't really trust it a little . It is hard to set it up and I still don't think it is really worth it unless you have another 3ds that you somehow don't need and can use for these experimental stuff . Hacking isn't really reliable to me so to conclude , I don't think that Homebrew is actually worth it because of its downsides as well as its unknown consequences that can happen .

Back