3ds is not gonna die til a couple more years so less

• Thread starter Agentperson
  • Start date
Agentperson

Agentperson

Custom Title
Towns Folk
According to somebody at nintendo who should NOT get a raise, the mostly dead 3ds is gonna and will be here for the next 2 years or more. Here's a quote from somewhere
Someone at Nintendo said:
In addition to the titles currently on sale, we have announced the coming release of the titles shown here. We are even preparing new software for release in 2019 and beyond. Our plan is to continue maintaining this business by taking advantage of new titles like these.
So................ Does this mean that Smash 5 is gonna be on 3ds?
@Marc you may edit this if you want, well if you can and want to

Edit what exactly?

But I'm not really surprised about the news and I'm glad they're not calling it quits on the 3DS yet.

Reactions: Duffy and Agentperson
If you're going to quote something, try to provide a bit more information than 'from somewhere'.

The quote was from some Nintendo direct, so its ok,
They never said any of them would be a big deal, probably no more mario zelda etc. as you saw, they are starting to bring out thier side stuff more like wario ware and dillons western. And some remakes, made with systems they mostly allready have made.

If the games coming out for the 3DS are like the kind we are getting this year then I'm fine for it. Ports/remakes of old games and best of collections are not going to upset me. I still have a few third party games to pick up however . So yeah as long as nothing major comes out first party wise I'm fine with this descion .

They mainly just want a cheaper option for gaming so those in that price range can pick up some games . The Switch isn't ready yet for a price drop .

3ds continues to live. To be honest, once pokemon hits the switch it'll be mostly over (but who knows when pokemon is even coming to switch, later this year, or 2019?). A few ports and remakes on 3ds is not a lot of support but apparently they keep selling enough for Nintendo/other companies to keep putting games on the system.

According to somebody at nintendo who should NOT get a raise, the mostly dead 3ds is gonna and will be here for the next 2 years or more. Here's a quote from somewhere

So................ Does this mean that Smash 5 is gonna be on 3ds?
I don't think it's fair to say that the person who said/wrote the thing you quoted shouldn't get a raise. They most likely didn't make the decision and were just communicating someone else's decision to the public. The 3ds isn't hurting switch sales so it's likely a sound decision to keep support for it alive.

I wish smash 5 would come to 3ds but I doubt it. Right now we don't even know is smash on switch is a port or not! If it's a port it's obviously not coming to 3ds (you can't port a game to the system it started on!), and if it is a new game (smash 5) then it is unlikely it will come to 3ds because no Nintendo system has ever had 2 smash games on it (n64 had 1, gamecube had 1, wii had 1, wii u had 1, 3ds had only 1). But who knows, no portable system had smash before 3ds. And Nintendo likes surprises... it's just unlikely.

I think it's nice to see new titles for the 3DS, despite how old it is. I agree to the prospect that Nintendo should be focusing more on the Nintendo Switch but I don't think that 3DS should end abruptly. Eventually it's gonna be a figment of the past :eyes2: I sadly don't play with my 3DS anymore these days since it has some screen problem and the other one has some circle pad problem.

Also. Smash 5? On the 3DS? Yeah that would really sound inconceivable, like saying TLoZ: BoTW should be on the 3DS.

Reactions: Duffy
I think it's nice to see new titles for the 3DS, despite how old it is. I agree to the prospect that Nintendo should be focusing more on the Nintendo Switch but I don't think that 3DS should end abruptly. Eventually it's gonna be a figment of the past :eyes2: I sadly don't play with my 3DS anymore these days since it has some screen problem and the other one has some circle pad problem.

Also. Smash 5? On the 3DS? Yeah that would really sound inconceivable, like saying TLoZ: BoTW should be on the 3DS.

this is very hard to believe. The screen quality looks higher than the 3ds can output. One part of the video intrigues me though, and that is that he is using the d-pad. Why would he do this? Maybe the wii u emulator he used does not support the circle pad. Or maybe he did it to make it more believable with his 90 degree movement during the combat part of the video. Though, the more i watch it the more i want to believe it.

Frik. I shouldve watched to the end of the video. Ive been duped. It was all a lie.

Reactions: Duffy
Frik. I shouldve watched to the end of the video. Ive been duped. It was all a lie.
haha happy april fools (yea I know it isn't april 1st but it was good timing)

As much as I like to push the 3ds off to the side, I will admit it's been a pretty good system with a strong life. I'm definitely never getting rid of mine; it has my whole Ds line library on it back from the original Dual Screen, but I'm also ready to let it go. My hope is that Nintendo doesn't release any more major titles on it; I'll just be disappointed that I can't play them on my Switch. Smaller titles I can deal with, and depending on the quality I may even pick up a few more. On the other hand, if Samus Returns is the last 3ds game I buy, I'll be happy.

Back