3DS/N3DS/2DS Can be used as a controller in SSB4 WiiU

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk
Masahiro Sakurai has always been clear that there'd be some form of connectivity between Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, and transferring customised fighters between the two versions is the logical feature to be included. Since the 3DS version's user interface appeared with a Wii U button, however, fans have dreamed of more.

While cross-platform multiplayer is a pipe dream in some respects, it will be possible to play the Wii U version with a 3DS. As spotted by various players with the Japanese version and now fully confirmed in a screengrab of the Western edition by GameSpot, it'll be possible to connect the 3DS to the Wii U game and use the portable as a controller. The process appears to require the game running on both systems, with the Wii U having a matching 3DS menu to complete the connection.

While we doubt this'll be the first port of call for many players, it does add a welcome extra option for local multiplayer. If you're short on Pro Controllers, GameCube pads (with the adapter, of course) or preferred options then this will allow buddies with the 3DS version to jump into some battles on a Wii U with a thoroughly decent control scheme.

630x.jpg

Well what do ya think guys? lol

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...as_a_controller_in_super_smash_bros_for_wii_u

That's nice and all but.....
upload_2014-9-13_21-23-43.jpeg
I'll still be using this

Reactions: MMMs
True that haha tbh, Nintendo needs to remanufacture GC controllers lol They're easier to handle than the classic controllers in my opinion haha lol The Wiiremote is ok lol I think I just got used to it in Brawl. And the I bet the 3DS would be an awkward controller tbh haha

Nice idea ! I'm already used to the 3DS' controls on SSB4, so, I don't mind using it as a controller on a WiiU if I play SSB4 on a friend's WiiU ! They solved the "But you forgot your controller! You can't play with me!" issue, that happen so often to many people.

Seems an interesting thing for Nintendo to do, and quite a good idea, but I'd have to agree with @Lios I would use the GameCube controller over the 3DS any day! Wish I had a Wii U to play the Wii u version of ssb!

Oh, that's a great thing Nintendo implemented this feature! I really like the controls for SSB4 on the 3DS, and this is going to make a really smooth experience :D
Hopefully you can use your 3DS as second controller while someone else uses the Wii U gamepad. It would allow more players to play together, regardless of Classic Controllers :)

Back