Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Absolutely !!!!!

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
DarkBlueFox

DarkBlueFox

What does the fox say? I say "NOTHING!"
Towns Folk
Anybody also thinks that 3DS' online is the most crappy thing on the whole consoles? consoles : Xbox 360/1,Playstations,PC. Sorry if my english is too bad that you can't even understand me but for short 3DS' online is so flippin' bad makes me regret playing online but 3DS is 3DS it's fun like a Iphone + PSP = fun. Anyway do you have some tricks to not lag on the online? I played Sonic Gens. online and it sucked like total bomber.

You can't really compare a 3DS with consoles from Microsoft and Sony, nor a PC. The hardware isn't similar at all. Even comparing it with a PSP/Vita wouldn't be fair.

Nintendo's focus for handheld isn't online sadly... it's supposed to be better on the New 3DS but we'll see, i hope it gets better yup.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Yeah, my Super Smash Bros does many lags sometimes. Once the game even crashed while I was using online. Now it doesn't lag so much. My ps3's online is even worse than my 3ds's online play.

The 3DS is a dedicated gaming handheld, so it's no surprise that it doesn't have very good 'net on it. It's not designed to be really good in that department. Use something else if you wish to have a better 'net experience. Stick to 3DS games for the most part. :p

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Anybody also thinks that 3DS' online is the most crappy thing on the whole consoles? consoles : Xbox 360/1,Playstations,PC. Sorry if my english is too bad that you can't even understand me but for short 3DS' online is so flippin' bad makes me regret playing online but 3DS is 3DS it's fun like a Iphone + PSP = fun. Anyway do you have some tricks to not lag on the online? I played Sonic Gens. online and it sucked like total bomber.

First, hardware. As @SunnyWindy pointed out, you're comparing handhelds and home consoles, and it's nonsense. Home consoles are stronger than handhelds. And it also applies to wireless interface components as well.

And yes, even though the 3DS offers sucky online gameplay, I think we shouldn't complain, as servers are always up, compared to the XBL and the PSN servers (because of their sucky DDOS protection and maintenance who forces all servers to shut down, while Ninty's maintenances online affects the eShop most of the time).

So, I think this stability comes at a price. Of course, Nintendo could improve their server architecture and make it way better, but think about how expensive it is, to upgrade/perform maintenance on a server and how resource-expensive millions of clients connecting at the same time is. We've already got a great deal here, even if it's laggy.

Reactions: Mikaya
It depends on the connection of whoever are you playing with, for example I play SF 3d edition a lot , and sometimes the fights are laggy as hell, and other times is super fluid, out of 10 battles 3 are laggy the rest are not.

It depends on your internet connection or the person you're playing's with internet connection. If you have a good internet connection but the other player has a bad one, lets say, in Smash 4, you can expect a lot of lag and sometimes experience input lag. It has happened alot to me now.

Lag is something that is more dependent not on the 3ds itself but more to the internet connections. Of course there will be some sort of lag every now and then and of course it is annoying. Smash 4 is one of the most notable game with online lag imo >.< Some matches are simply unbearable ....

When I was playing the triforce heroes demo online it lagged a little but most of the time it was perfectly fine. I think Nintendo has improved it's internet a lot. Especially playing comptetive smash online.

Just a quick piece of information, the 3DS wifi adapter is a b/g and not a b/g/n, meaning it's about 10 times slower than the PS Vita's and the rest of the recent consoles! Also, I do experience lag, but only when not using a good internet connection! As long as I have 2 or 3 bars of reception, it never lags for me!

Instead of focusing on the new games Nintendo should fix these errors many people are still buying 3ds games so they technically haven't died and they think that just because the Nintendo 3ds is dying they think it's okay to just make move on to the next console Nintendo should realize their errors and make more updates for the Super Smash bros game I think it would be fair since most of us still play it and look forward to it.

I remember I had some lag issues when playing super smash bros, it really got me mad and then I just got the wii u versión, which also had some lag issues. In what 3ds online lags respect, I think it is related to the game you play. I played a lot of mario kart 7 online and even though I had some issues with it like disconnecting or not finding a game, once I started the race, so once I started playing I didn´t have any lag issues. I don´t really know about other games.

Back