3ds password lock

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
idea do you think that it would be a good one or not i kinda think it would. my bros like to buther me bye playing my games and then not telling me what happened . but i am not sure if that would be a good thing though.

idea do you think that it would be a good one or not i kinda think it would. my bros like to buther me bye playing my games and then not telling me what happened . but i am not sure if that would be a good thing though.

Your games are physical or digital?

That's something you'd have to tell your parents to make stop, it's not Nintendo's issue. Although if they mess with your physical games you could hide them or something.

That's something you'd have to tell your parents to make stop, it's not Nintendo's issue. Although if they mess with your physical games you could hide them or something.

If the games are digital, he only needs to hide the SD card.
Maybe using the parent controls as password?

If the games are digital, he only needs to hide the SD card.
Maybe using the parent controls as password?

Can you use parental controls to stop video game access? I've never really messed around with them.

Can you use parental controls to stop video game access? I've never really messed around with them.

The parent controls blocks functions of the console, and can be accessible when using the password.

As far as I know, there is no way to put a password on the 3DS. You can put a parental control restriction if your brother is bugging you THAT much, I think that requires you to enter a password before playing a game.
I would say your best bet is to keep your 3DS in a locked drawer chest or somewhere high where he cannot reach.

I think the parental control restriction might help regarding accessing games, though I think only M-rated games might require a password. I never tested it myself but I read something along those lines somewhere I don't remember.
It's more of a question of stopping your brothers. Be mean to them. Threaten them. Yes, threaten to play around with their devices in revenge (if they have any). Or if you're too kind, just hide the 3DS.
:p

I have messed with the parental controls before. You may restrict games as innocent as E rated games. That should block the entire library, allowing you to breath a little easier, knowing that your bro will not be able to play without the password.

Reactions: 18
I think if you do not understand something don't push it. I have burned my self by doing curius things like changing options and changing passwords and the only think i manage every time is to waste time and money to fix it

Good thing for 3/2ds for having those lock screen like vita one..avoid from.someone from steals the console. Why those nintendo cant put something useful like that .

Nintendo makes them for the whole family, telling them only one person can use that one Pokemon game is horrifying. Sakurai and Reggie work so well together

Back