3DS Pedia - the early days!

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
so yeah, as you know, I've haven't been here very long, so I'm not sure how Pedia was when it was first opened in August last year. Most of you joined pretty much around that time (or much later). So I'm curious how Pedia as to got how it is today. How was it like when it first opened? (and within several months after that?) I'd like to know. I'm fascinated about the history of communities that become successful and active after a while. Feel free to share any good or bad experiences! ;)

I'll have to tell history from my perspective :giggle:

I joined this site in its very early days. It was just a hatchling of a site then, but it was still very active. There was $150 up for grabs courtesy of @Marc (and I won the top prize, eventually :D) and our staff consisted of Marc, @Matthew, @Memento Mori, @Catstew, and @Onett. The Play Coins system didn't exist back then, that was introduced soon after the site began though. It was originally going to be the 'Bells' system as an Animal Crossing reference but @Catstew (I think) suggested that the name be changed to Play Coins. Nookling Junction was introduced as a kind of shop and giveaway section. @ChiefKeef and co. were also some of the cool folks who joined the site in its early days :)

@dilawer was one of the first reviewers for the blog, and since I was jealous of him getting his reviews published here I asked Marc about it and became a contributor too :p @Erixsan joined and took the site by storm, became a contributor and the first 3DS Pedia user to reach 1, 000 posts.

Marc hosted a lot of other fun contests like Ally or Betray (which I won as well :D I tend to remember my victories :p). During Halloween we were all given the choice of having our usernames changed. @Erixsan chose HandOfTheFallenAngel, @Reece chose DeathKnight and I, who was known as Master O'Puppets at the time, chose Spinnerweb which became my permanent username.

@Matthew stepped down as an admin around this time, and was given a standing ovation by us :p It was around this time that I went a little less active, especially through the earlier months of 2014, and some stuff like Ally or Betray 2 and a bunch of other cool stuff happened in my partial absence :cry:

Then I came back fully and was overjoyed. At this time, a really awesome user whose username starts with M and ends at A joined the site, though I originally misread the first letter as an R. Hmmm... now I wonder who that amazing person could be? :love:

And well, that's it. I guess. I'm not good at telling stories or histories :hilarious:

Reactions: Neofang64, 3dsatackman, ErixSan and 2 others
wow, that was one hell of a long storytelling. :p

I know so much more now. Thanks for taking the time to write all of that. xD

and the last bit is too cute. Wonder who you're talking about. ;)

Reactions: 18
It was originally going to be the 'Bells' system as an Animal Crossing reference but @Catstew (I think) suggested that the name be changed to Play Coins.
Actually, it was Onett.

@Erixsan joined and took the site by storm, became a contributor and the first 3DS Pedia user to reach 1, 000 posts.

It's raining posts! Aleluya!
It's raining posts! Lot of posts!

Reactions: Marc and 18
On December 1st this really cool guy joined and started partial drama with Onett and eventually got on the events team doe

Actually, it was Onett.
Sorry, my bad. Yeah, it was @Onett. I was unsure which one it was, hence the 'I think' part. :)

Reactions: Marc
I have to say that 3DSPedia.com has moved to high level

Reactions: Mikaya
I'm pretty sure it's Google.

Yea.. I wasn't really keen on Nintendo Forums merging with 3ds Pedia.... but I can see that it is having a positive impact.

Reactions: Mikaya
also a history fact you might not of know about this place is that it used to be 2 play coins a post and then it got changed to one, also erixsan was inactive for about 3 months and now he is back and in that time a guy named naagza got top posts for a while and then he became inactive.

I think I joined after 3 months, and I'm glad I did! :) I'm not a fast poster, but I take the easy-peasy way :p

Back