Homebrew 3ds Update dec 12 2014

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
Today a 3ds update came out it is to stop the homebrew, and it also has a new setting to shuffle your favorite themes :D! what do you guys think of this update? I think it is awesome they stoped the hack and they have a cool theme shuffle so you dont have to tap to change it :)

Today a 3ds update came out it is to stop the homebrew, and it also has a new setting to shuffle your favorite themes :D! what do you guys think of this update? I think it is awesome they stoped the hack and they have a cool theme shuffle so you dont have to tap to change it :)
why did stop the homebrew for 3ds i didn't even get to use it yet

why did stop the homebrew for 3ds i didn't even get to use it yet
:p because it is stealing from them why would they want to keep it?

I don't see why you are happy to see homebrew stopped. I mean, I am against pirating and stuff but homebrew is not pirating. And on the contrary, now that this is stopped, more people are going to get interested in linkers, which are tools dedicated to pirating.
Not that I am sad to see it go, I don't really care in fact. But I would just never say I am happy to see it go.

I don't see why you are happy to see homebrew stopped. I mean, I am against pirating and stuff but homebrew is not pirating. And on the contrary, now that this is stopped, more people are going to get interested in linkers, which are tools dedicated to pirating.
Not that I am sad to see it go, I don't really care in fact. But I would just never say I am happy to see it go.
I am actually not sure if it is gone that is just what i have heard online but I just think that it is good that they have stoped it because the people who made the games dont get the money from all there hard work anyway I am just telling you guys what this update does ;)

Yep, the exploit in 9.2.0- firmwares have been fixed.
Also, I noticed that you no longer have to access the eShop to download an update. When I updated Pokémon X (Because I was too lazy to do the 1.3 update when it was out), it just asked me if I wanted to do the update, then it did the regular NNID login screen, and it started updating, without starting the eShop app. Of course, the 3DS gets stuck until the download is done, but, it's still nice.

:p because it is stealing from them why would they want to keep it?
there is that

As far as I know, the hombrew would be like a first step to actually cheat the system, or pirating it as you wish. Because of that I think nintendo is doing right in trying to stop it. Otherwise It would be like: yeah, come on we are glad you pirate our games and so no one else will spend a penny on any of those games. I think it is just the right thing to be done. And I think we should support it in some way too.

Not true.

Smealum (the author of NinjHax) said he didn't support pirating. Of course, some people could probably use his work to do some piracy, but it's not its goal.
Meanwhile, Sky3DS happened. This clearly IS a tool for piracy.

And what did Nintendo do with their 9.3 and 9.4 updates ? They blocked NinjHax... and not Sky3DS.
What's wrong with them ? They block harmless developers whose work could be harmful but they don't block completely harmful development ? Stupid.

I wouldn't really care if they blocked everything using "stop piracy" as a reason, but at least stop piracy.

Note that I am not saying "homebrew shouldn't be banned" nor defending homebrew. I am just saying that Nintendo should get their priorities right.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is pretty cool. I don't have any good themes right now but when I get some of those themes, I will make a big shuffle. These days, I just shuffle all the coloured themes. Wish we could put in Do not use a theme too. I want white in my shuffle collection

Ya Good they stopped the hack and the shuffle themes is great too! I put in all my themes and always curious to know when what theme will come out when I open my 3ds. It is exciting! :)

Back