3DS Virtual Console

• Thread starter rasberryrx7
  • Start date
rasberryrx7

rasberryrx7

Nintendo gamer
Towns Folk
So i personaly like to play the 3ds virtual consol, but also the real cartreges are cool. what are your opinion?

Given the chance I would buy a real cartridge copy of the game but I find this to be good for allowing us to play them on the 3DS. Unfortunately they don't allow GBA or SNES VC but what we do have is great, plus Pokemon Red Blue and Yellow's gonna be coming out next year February so I'll be getting those despite the fact I own the games on cart.

I'm not really a big fan of virtual console because Nintendo just recycles the same thing over and over and it's getting old. That why I not really happy with the upcoming NES plug n' play making it's way in November. The one request I would ask from Nintendo to have the ability to request for some games to come to home console. I seriously want Nintendo to add rhythm heaven to the DS virtual console because I'm tired of seeing rhythm heaven not getting much attention on the eshop. I;ve seen the rhythm heaven wii game on the eshop and seeing style savvy trendsetters and practically every Mario game on the DS so what is stopping Nintendo from add rhythm heaven or other games.

I assume it has to do with licensing issues. Some Virtual Console titles first need an agreement with the original developer/publisher of the game in question to get those games out. Rhythm Heaven for the Wii goes without saying that it's already allowed to be published on the Wii, because that's the original system it was designed to be published on. The Virtual Console however takes games designed to be put out on other systems and rerelease them, so some of these game will obviously have some licensing issues, moreso with older titles.

Of course, there are plenty of other reasons why a game may not be released on the VC, such as it not working the way the developer intended (Pokemon RBY originally not being released due to no link cable features and Earthbound because of some copyrighted stuff in the game that would've needed to be removed), but this alongside popularity are one of the major reasons that can befall a title coming to VC.

Also, digging up an old thread are we? :p

Personally I love the Virtual Console service. You don't have to buy its games if you don't want to, but it give some people the ability to play older games they may have never had a chance to play on the original consoles, and play it on a system they already own. That way they don't have to buy every retro Nintendo console out there. It also get Nintendo a bit of money without them having to do a ton of work, so it makes sense from a business angle.

Reactions: Blue Knight
Warning: A lot of the NES games are ridiculously hard (ghosts and goblins).

If the physical copy is easy to find, I always pick physical over digital due to the massive amount of space that it saves. In addition to this, if the system is ever damaged, Nintendo is particularly picky over whether or not data on one SD card can be transferred over to another 3DS, so this problem can be avoided with a physical copy of the game.

I like the fact that they have it but I think they are a bit slow on the up keep of it. There are so many games that could be put in it but some you probably will never see. Most of the games they have on it I'm not really interested in at the moment . I have seen some games out their that would be an interesting addition to 3ds virtual console and I am sure at some point they'll be put in there , I just hope it's not close to when they drop the system tho even tho I don't think that will be any time soon . At least I hope not.

The Ds virtual console should be on 3ds. No excuses. As should the GBA.

They wouldn't be VC titles and Nintendo isn't going to do GBA titles on 3DS anytime soon, exception being the 10 through the ambassador system.

The only VC titles I have, I got for free. I think I prefer playing them on their original console, it's more atmospheric. Either that, or just play a complete remake. I find Virtual Console a bit stupid. You basically play exactly the same game, but on an emulator. Nothing new about that.

The only VC titles I have, I got for free. I think I prefer playing them on their original console, it's more atmospheric. Either that, or just play a complete remake. I find Virtual Console a bit stupid. You basically play exactly the same game, but on an emulator. Nothing new about that.

(Note: I'll be using Australian Dollar figure for prices)

Simply put, it's for convenience sake. Sure, you might have an original copy of the game from its intended console/handheld, but not everyone in the Nintendo demographic has the money or even knows about all those older games. I'm sure buying Super Metroid through VC for $10 is much cheaper than purchasing a SNES, a copy of the game that'll likely run you up to $100 (together roughly being $220 total.) Heck, Shantae on the Gameboy would be a crowning example of this. That game is hard enough trying to find anywhere from $400 to $2000. You can get it easily through the Virtual Console service for about a measly $12-13.

tl;dr: Not only does the Virtual Console service allow newcomers to the gaming scene easy access to old games that are often times difficult to find, they are also offered at a cheap, affordable price.

Reactions: PersonSP
(Note: I'll be using Australian Dollar figure for prices)

Simply put, it's for convenience sake. Sure, you might have an original copy of the game from its intended console/handheld, but not everyone in the Nintendo demographic has the money or even knows about all those older games. I'm sure buying Super Metroid through VC for $10 is much cheaper than purchasing a SNES, a copy of the game that'll likely run you up to $100 (together roughly being $220 total.) Heck, Shantae on the Gameboy would be a crowning example of this. That game is hard enough trying to find anywhere from $400 to $2000. You can get it easily through the Virtual Console service for about a measly $12-13.

tl;dr: Not only does the Virtual Console service allow newcomers to the gaming scene easy access to old games that are often times difficult to find, they are also offered at a cheap, affordable price.
Fair enough. Good point. :)

Back