3DS Youtube App Is Shutting Down

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Not sure how many people still use their Nintendo 3DS or the Youtube app that's available for it, but if you do, I have some bad news for you :/ The app is shutting down on September 3rd, 2019. You will also no longer be able to download it after the date.

How do you feel about this?

Wait, what? It's shutting down?

I'm pretty sure you can't watch YouTube videos on the browser, so the YouTube app was useful in a way.
It kept crashing though. And it's worse on a homebrewed 3DS. It crashes almost every time I try to watch a video.
We have tablets anyway. We can watch YouTube on those.
We don't need YouTube on 3DS anymore.

good timing though since the 3DS will probably die next year

press F in chat for YouTube on 3DS

why am I still talking

From what I remember, the 3ds app was incredibly crap quality, I remember trying to watch a video but it was in worse than like 144p, it was horrible, couldn't read any text in the video, or look at anything. no way of changing the quality either, that was just what it was stuck on. I think I ended up using the web browser in the end.

It wasn't very good but I did use it for music back in the day and the sound wasn't bad. Now that it's gone I'm stuck using WWDIY and Smash for some variety in the music, not that I ever will do that now since it was just convenient at the time and before you mention the 3DS Sound app you still have to download music for it so it's better but there's some risk involved.

I just realized you can watch YouTube videos on the browser, I just had 'Use mobile versions' off.

the YouTube 3DS app was useless

Reactions: Jisenku and 28142
Everytime I try it, it crashed. Oh my gosh, it crashed beyond belief. Since my tablet only works when it's charging and it immediately crashes if it's not, and my bro is always on the computer and won't let me use his, my 3ds was my only hope, but NOPE. Once or twice I got it to work but it would NOT LOAD and crashed when I clicked on a video... R.I.P YouTube (for 3ds)

Welp, I was kinda expecting this to happen soon. Actually, I was expecting it to have shut down at least a year ago, tbh.

I won’t miss it too much. I mean, I used to use it when it first came out (as I didn’t have any other devices whatsoever), but the quality was always stuck at 144p or 240p, scrolling was near to impossible, and the UI wasn’t that great, either. Overall, I can’t believe it’s taken this long to shut down, as I assume hardly anyone uses it anymore.

Bums me out. It doesn't work on the 3DS browser anymore, either. It saved time to watch videos at 1.3x speed...

if i didn't have a kindle fire it'd upset me even more.

Bums me out. It doesn't work on the 3DS browser anymore, either.
Do you have the 'Use mobile versions'? option on?
if i didn't have a kindle fire it'd upset me even more.
d74.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku
Back