3DS Zelda remake: Twilight Princess 3D vs Majora's Mask 3D?

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Which LoZ game should be remade for the 3DS?

• Total voters

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
You know it. We all want a remake for the infamous Legend of Zelda games. Know, the question is, which Zelda game would you rather play? Majora's Mask 3D or Twilight Princess 3D?
There are a lot of people who are against the remake of Twilight Princess on the 3DS, mainly because they say that Twilight Princess is made for a bigger screen, and it would be weird playing it on a tiny screen.
Even though there would be problems with squeezing so many things onto a tiny screen, I think that the game would look beautiful on the 3DS. As you have seen, the 3DS has a very good pixel density, even comparing to an HDTV. The standard HDTV has a pixel density of 55 PPI (Pixels Per Inch) and the 3DS Xl has a pixel density of 98 PPI. he 3DS has better graphical capabilities than the Wii in every aspect, comparing lighting, bloom, shadows and polygon count.
Most of the Zelda fans want a remake of Majora's Mask, I do not have any objection with that. The only thing is, Majora's Mask is a short game compared to other Zelda games. Twilight Princess has expansive and vast terrain, whereas in Majora's mask, you had to travel through small areas the size of a Soccer field to reach another dungeon.
Nintendo remade Zelda Ocarina of Time for the 3DS by making another engine. That engine really added more lifelike movements to the characters and made the graphics amazing. They could modify the engine and make Majora's mask or Twilight princess run on it.
All i'm trying to ask is: Which Zelda game would you like remade: Zelda Twilight princess or Majora's Mask?
Let me know in the replies below as to which LoZ game you would like remade.

For 3DS, I think Majora's Mask would be more likely/I would prefer it. They already have the graphics engine from Ocarina of Time 3D, so it would make sense. Plus, if they made Twilight Princess 3D, it wouldn't be that much of a graphical upgrade. If they remake Twilight Princess it should be on Wii U.

What makes these infamous, lol?

I think Majora's Mask is more logical, given the success of Ocarina of Time 3D. I think it's a better fit for the handheld as well. I prefer a shorter game with more to do. I found the fields in Twilight Princess to be generally dull and empty

For 3DS, I think Majora's Mask would be more likely/I would prefer it. They already have the graphics engine from Ocarina of Time 3D, so it would make sense. Plus, if they made Twilight Princess 3D, it wouldn't be that much of a graphical upgrade. If they remake Twilight Princess it should be on Wii U.
Yes, I know that 90% of the people prefer Masjoras Mask over Twilight Princess. Indeed, they do have the graphics engine and some of the models used in Majoras Mask. However, they could also design some new models, and integrate them in the game. Making models is not a very difficult job, so it should not be a problem. I agree with you that they should remake Twilight princess on the Wii U, but then the Wii U has backward compatibility with the Wii and so you could just play the Wii version.
What makes these infamous, lol?

I think Majora's Mask is more logical, given the success of Ocarina of Time 3D. I think it's a better fit for the handheld as well. I prefer a shorter game with more to do. I found the fields in Twilight Princess to be generally dull and empty
Even though Majoras Mask is more logical, I know for a fact that if Nintendo releases a TP remake to fill in the gap between the release of Majora's Mask, I would buy it. The fields were dull, but I would not call them empty. Hyrule Field was HUGE in TP, filled with Bokoblins and those Bomb-Like running things that explode.

I would love to see a Majora's Mask remake for the Nintendo 3DS. I think it would be rather difficult to port Twilight Princess unto the 3DS, and it wouldn't compliment the game well on the 3DS. I agree with Nanamine, if they were to remake Twilight Princess it would be perfect on the Wii U. Majora's Mask fits the 3DS (handheld) well.

I would love to see a Majora's Mask remake for the Nintendo 3DS. I think it would be rather difficult to port Twilight Princess unto the 3DS, and it wouldn't compliment the game well on the 3DS. I agree with Nanamine, if they were to remake Twilight Princess it would be perfect on the Wii U. Majora's Mask fits the 3DS (handheld) well.
Mhmm. Majoras mask does fit the 3DS well. The engine needs to upgrade from some of the textures as they are exactly the same from the N64 version (not a problem, though) Although Twilight Princess would also sell quite a lot if it comes out for the 3DS.

TP was good but I much rather have MM remade before any other Zelda title. Hopefully E3 will grant this wish for us.

It's too early for a TP Remake IMPO, I think Majora's Mask would be great this time. Well for starters, I bet WiiU can still play Wii Games so theres no point in making a remake if its just 1 console gen apart :/

Reactions: 532
That's a tough choice. While I'd like to play Majora's Mask in 3D because I'm sure the graphics will look like Ocarina of Time 3D, I also like Twilight Princess. So, I would be fine with any/the both. But, as @MMMs said, it's way too early for a potential TP remake.

MM for sure. I didn't really enjoy TP all that much, don't ask. Guess it wasn't my cup of tea. xD

MM is somewhat different and really challenging too. It would look amazing in 3D.

Both, but I would prefer Majora's Mask first.

If they made Twilight Princess on the 3DS I would love that. Some people may disagree with me but Majoras Mask was too short for a Zelda game. I also thought it was pretty creepy. It would be even more creepier with remade character designs.

Definitely Majora's Mask. Twilight princess already looks pretty good. I mean it's not REALLY nice but compare it to Majora's Mask... Haha Besides, I really like majora's mask. Majora's Mask's time mechanic would also really fit if it was made as a handheld game (3DS)

Majora's Mask is definitely the one to get a possible remake. First of all, it followed Ocarina of Time, and with that title already on the system, Majora's Mask would be the most logical choice to remake next. Since Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were built off the same engine, Grezzo could easily use their OoT 3D engine to create Majora's Mask 3D. Twilight Princess came out on the Wii and can still be played on the Wii U. It's almost like SM64 DS, a game that would look nice on the 3DS, but is already playable since it is a DS game (backwards compatibility is what I'm getting at). I'm pretty sure Nintendo is just waiting for some time to pass before releasing Majora's Mask 3D because too many Zelda remakes tend to exhaust the series. I expect a reveal in E3 2015 alongside Zelda U.

Majora's Mask is definitely the one to get a possible remake. First of all, it followed Ocarina of Time, and with that title already on the system, Majora's Mask would be the most logical choice to remake next. Since Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were built off the same engine, Grezzo could easily use their OoT 3D engine to create Majora's Mask 3D. Twilight Princess came out on the Wii and can still be played on the Wii U. It's almost like SM64 DS, a game that would look nice on the 3DS, but is already playable since it is a DS game (backwards compatibility is what I'm getting at). I'm pretty sure Nintendo is just waiting for some time to pass before releasing Majora's Mask 3D because too many Zelda remakes tend to exhaust the series. I expect a reveal in E3 2015 alongside Zelda U.
Just want to inform you the first tid bit you gave us there is correct,admitingly but twilight princess is also the next game after OoT, if you were following the historia that is, it follows the adult timeline and is the next in the series. But I'm almost positive you meant the next game MADE after Zelda OoT so sorry about that ;P anyways I would rather a TP remake rather than a MM remake, only because I wasn't a fan of MM at all, meanwhile I enjoyed TP very much. Its too bad that it isn't a possibility that Nintendo would ever release that for 3DS :/ while it looks like its written in stone that MM 3D will be happening soon

I agree. Majora's Mask is very likely to come forth first, expanding on the wonderful engine Grezzo built for Ocarina of Tme 3D.
You are right, Nintendo does not want to exhaust the series with too many Zelda games. Perhaps they can learn something new by seeing what their customers have to thing of the games that have already come out.

Even though I'd like to see a remake of TP it's a little too early for that (plus it looks like a darker version of OoT). MM is due for one because it came out for the 64 and because it plays different (even though I haven't played it/seen it played it sounds like a pretty different game which is neat because the series is known for having games that each play (sometimes) and look different.

I think I'd prefer a Majora's Mask remake, I enjoyed it a lot, because it was a darker take on the series and also because twilight princess isn't quite old enough for a remake at the time. I personally wouldn't mind which is remade first, but I see Majora's mask as the more deserving choice. Not to mention, TP was made for the Wii, and the 3DS is a handheld, so TP would most likely be made for the Wii U if anything at the moment.

Back