"3dsPedia OU Rules"

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Okay guys/gals, @FirstSerpent asked me about this so let's see if something like this can work here.

Basically we're making up our own rules to use for battles here at 3DS Pedia, :writing:

Reserved (for battle rules)

Single Battles
  • Species Clause: Players can't use two or more Pokemon with the same Pokedex number on the same team.

Last edited:
The same item can't be used more than once in your party

I hate that item rule :/
Yeah I copied smogon. Oh well.. They are the more important rules to me. Woe is to the person who uses OHKO moves. It'll probably result in their downfall.

And ban Magikarp. Too OP.

I hate that item rule :/
Yeah I copied smogon. Oh well.. They are the more important rules to me. Woe is to the person who uses OHKO moves. It'll probably result in their downfall.

And ban Magikarp. Too OP. <-Artisan did not edit this quote.
But Synthesis and Heal Order aren't on there on the Endless battle clause. Should they be or is it not even possible? No Metronome and Transform allowed for a fair fight?

we should be allowed more than one of the same item not more than one of same pokemon also no ledgendaries

Yeah, I love Life Orbs :panda:

I think we show ban magikarp like Alex said.

we should be allowed more than one of the same item not more than one of same pokemon also no ledgendaries
Even smogon doesn't have an Item clause, and they nitpick everything. So Shouldn't it be fine to allow at most, two of the same item?
I agree on banning or at least limiting legends. Most of them aren't Kalos born anyway, and widens the opportunity for Hacked Pokémon to be intentionally or unknowingly involved in major competitions. I just really dislike the sound of that.

Woe is to the person who uses OHKO moves. It'll probably result in their downfall.
OHKO moves should be banned in Doubles. That alongside a Pokémon that has the ability 'No guard' Is unfair.

Even smogon doesn't have an Item clause, and they nitpick everything. So Shouldn't it be fine to allow at most, two of the same item?
I agree on banning or at least limiting legends. Most of them aren't Kalos born anyway, and widens the opportunity for Hacked Pokémon to be intentionally or unknowingly involved in major competitions. I just really dislike the sound of that.

OHKO moves should be banned in Doubles. That alongside a Pokémon that has the ability 'No guard' Is unfair.

Item Clause - No. I play PokeBattle more predominantly than Smogon nowadays but as much as they lifted from that, the closest they've done for an item clause - and this is more an abuse of the PBV system - is increasing a Pokemon's value by using Eviolite on it.

Legendaries... I dunno about this. I feel like this is a ban all or ban none scenario since if we allow one or two to slip by, it'd be quick to start shouting "X is banned, why isn't Y banned?!" Though I think we can all agree that certain Megas should be booted.

OHKO moves are barely usable and make it less a game of skill than a game of luck. I don't want to be fighting a Gym Leader and lose because they got luckier. This isn't Mario Party.

Reactions: FirstSerpent
I don't want to be fighting a Gym Leader and lose because they got luckier. This isn't Mario Party.
This cracked me up.

Reactions: 3823
It occurs to me that Pokemon revolves around luck - crits, status, damage rolls - but still. Those are at least unpredictable but you can potentially recover from those or plan for them. You can't exactly plan for an OHKO move hitting.

Reactions: FirstSerpent
Unless it's a double and your partner has No Guard.

Unless it's a double and your partner has No Guard.
If they're the one using it, yeah, but otherwise to make your OHKO moves hit all the time it'd require a lot of Skill Swap. No Guard only affects the Pokemon who has it and who's attacking it.

No? No guard effects everyone in battle? Am I mistaken?

Back