4 years ago all Lego console games added voices...

• Thread starter SuperMikeX
  • Start date
SuperMikeX

SuperMikeX

MangakaMike
Towns Folk
The silent humor was funny Lego Batman,Star wars,Harry potter,and others. It was funny and better...but Lego Batman 2 just took it away. Now it's just a puzzle/strategy game with tiny bits of voiced humor. R.I.P. Lego games silent humor,R.I.P. ....I just hope it will improve sooner or later,because it feels weird when they talk...,to me it does...

Yeah, I played LEGO games as a kid, and the lack of voice acting was part of the charm. This goes for everything. When the voices are silent, you need to form a different kind of narrative, which really ups the charm by quite a bit and gives different opportunities to put jokes in.

It's been a while since I last played a LEGO game. But I remember playing the second LEGO Batman game, when they added voice acting for the first time, and all the charm was immediately gone. It felt so much colder and more serious compared to the old PS2 games I used to play as a kid. Don't play LEGO games anymore, but I'm confident they're not the same now without all the aspects that gave them charm in their original days.

It was the entire gimmick of the LEGO series of games, more or less. They knew they weren't going to be AAA games and took pride in creating a simplistic, charming experience instead. Now, much like everything else, they seem to be moving closer and closer towards competitive marketing - voices, mechanics, graphics, et cetera - and there's none of the charm that everyone loved about the original entries anymore. It's beyond disappointing.

I don't mind the voice acting, but I kind of want to go back and try one of the games without it now. I haven't played many lego games recently, mostly because I try to only play them if they are based off a series I enjoy.

Back