(4U) Nocturnal Commission success ?

• Thread starter Hayleia
  • Start date
Hayleia

Hayleia

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
What I will talk about probably contains spoiler. In fact, I'd need people to be spoiled to answer my last question so if you don't mind that much about the story in MH4U (not that it's exceptionnally deep thought anyway), please read :)

There is a quest, I think it's a 9*, where you are supposed to capture a Rathian in the dunes. But a Seregios comes when the Rathian tries to rest in its nest, and people call you back. You then get a "quest failed" and you unlock your urgent.

I was wondering. Since the Seregios only appears in the fifth zone, when the Rathian gets there to get rest, would it be possible to actually succeed that quest ? I mean, BEFORE the Rathian tries to get to its nest, put a trap on its way to the exit of the zone, then damage the Rathian, it will try to get out of the zone to get to its nest, will fall in the trap and you'll capture it without seeing the Seregios, right ?

So, if anyone didn't pass that quest yet, could you try ?

What I will talk about probably contains spoiler. In fact, I'd need people to be spoiled to answer my last question so if you don't mind that much about the story in MH4U (not that it's exceptionnally deep thought anyway), please read :)

There is a quest, I think it's a 9*, where you are supposed to capture a Rathian in the dunes. But a Seregios comes when the Rathian tries to rest in its nest, and people call you back. You then get a "quest failed" and you unlock your urgent.

I was wondering. Since the Seregios only appears in the fifth zone, when the Rathian gets there to get rest, would it be possible to actually succeed that quest ? I mean, BEFORE the Rathian tries to get to its nest, put a trap on its way to the exit of the zone, then damage the Rathian, it will try to get out of the zone to get to its nest, will fall in the trap and you'll capture it without seeing the Seregios, right ?

So, if anyone didn't pass that quest yet, could you try ?
I'm pretty sure not.... They provably scripted it to where it's invincible and uncaptureble, like the first time you see Lagiacrus in 3U.

So basically traps/tranqbombs don't work on it ?

I highly doubt it

I highly doubt it
When it's limping I could try. But it would take a while.

Dat necropost.

Well, since I made a new savegame, I was able to test this mission out now. And indeed, it's completely scripted. Once the Rath is limping (after the popup dialog), it tries to go to Area 5, and if it touches a trap before taking off, the trap is just destroyed -.-

Now, something that you could try but I won't because it's too hard is getting it in the trap when it's weak but not limping yet, then damaging it enough to get it to limp but throw tranq bombs before it is out of the trap. That's probably too much things to do in too little time so I guess that either you can't do it or the trap will get destroyed too as soon as the Rath has low enough health.

Dat necropost.

Well, since I made a new savegame, I was able to test this mission out now. And indeed, it's completely scripted. Once the Rath is limping (after the popup dialog), it tries to go to Area 5, and if it touches a trap before taking off, the trap is just destroyed -.-

Now, something that you could try but I won't because it's too hard is getting it in the trap when it's weak but not limping yet, then damaging it enough to get it to limp but throw tranq bombs before it is out of the trap. That's probably too much things to do in too little time so I guess that either you can't do it or the trap will get destroyed too as soon as the Rath has low enough health.
Probably. Lol. How long did it take you to get to the part?

I could try the mission with G-Rank gear. (Powersave)

Probably. Lol. How long did it take you to get to the part?
I've been playing since Sunday basically.

I could try the mission with G-Rank gear. (Powersave)
That's already what I did lol (not Powersaves but same kind of things). Because I didn't want to waste time and lose skill playing against low rank monsters so I just hacked my Bounding Dalamadur set back into my new savegame -.-
Yeah, that's cheating, and I don't really like it either. But hacks (not ones related to MH4U, general 3DS hacks) made me lose all my progress, they'd better help me recover everything I legitimately owned and lost so I can get back to train against that Crimson Fatalis faster...

Last edited:
Back