5.0.0 Wii U Update

• Thread starter Heart
  • Start date
Heart

Heart

Unstoppable
Towns Folk
The latest Wii U update adds a quick start option to make starting games even faster. It will show your ten latest games and allow you to pick from the list, what game to play.
5O4llBO.png

The update also adds gamepad alerts which is basically advertising in your living room, as the gamepad will receive special alerts from Nintendo even when the Wii U is in standby mode.

Lastly, this adds more stability improvements and this update is all part of Nintendo's plan to improve the gamepad without TV experience.

Reactions: Marc
New start menu
NB1skSQ.jpg

RZ4pnwP.jpg

Alerts
hly4q16.jpg

Reactions: Marc
The update is cool, and it's a nice addition to my 1 year old Wii U. Honestly I think they could've added a way for people to listen to background music while playing a game and/or added Wii U Chat during games. and just Wii U Chat with typing, sound good?

Also your mii is hella creepy. (No Offense).

Reactions: Heart
The update is cool, and it's a nice addition to my 1 year old Wii U. Honestly I think they could've added a way for people to listen to background music while playing a game and/or added Wii U Chat during games. and just Wii U Chat with typing, sound good?

Wouldn't that feature be a bit, let's say Apple-like? Wii U chat would be good.
I know his Mii is creepy, too. I told him about that, and he said he looks like that IRL. If you have Pokemon X/Y, add him and check his profile. You can see his picture.

Nice update, the quick start menu is fantastic for quickly changing accounts and editing said accounts details. SO glad they removed the password requirement when you want to edit your Mii.

I like the new update, it feels a lot better.

Just wait til you see my Mii!

Wouldn't that feature be a bit, let's say Apple-like? Wii U chat would be good.
I know his Mii is creepy, too. I told him about that, and he said he looks like that IRL. If you have Pokemon X/Y, add him and check his profile. You can see his picture.

Okay, Wii U Chat would be pretty cool but what is wrong with apple? They're not the worst company ever, in fact, they are a pretty good company!

Nice update, the quick start menu is fantastic for quickly changing accounts and editing said accounts details. SO glad they removed the password requirement when you want to edit your Mii.

Do you know if there is any way at all to access the quick start menu while in a game or app?

I got the console with the update so I don't know how it looked before XD

Well done Nintendo, even though I haven't experienced how the console was before the update, I would say Nintendo did a great job with this (by the expression of most Wii U owners). The new design looks polished, I really like it.

Back