• Thread starter Alegria
  • Start date
Alegria

Alegria

Alegria ♪ Caca0ch0c0lat
Towns Folk
upload_2018-10-26_0-26-23.png
(close enough...)

Okay, so my brother (who doesn't have an account here) and I talked this week about Pokémon's weird anatomies, Pokémon "made from" items, Pokémon that used to be human,... and somehow we went to slowpoke. I'll summerize the whole conversation for you.

What interesting do we know about Slowpoke?
  1. they walk on 4 legs
  2. they are so slow that they only feel pain several seconds after they got hurt
  3. from their tail, there is a sweet substance that quite some fishs like, also humans, but mostly it's for fishing their food and to evolve thanks to a symbiosis with Shellder, even if that might be accidental for the Slowpoke.

First remark my brother brought up was "but the Shellder, why do they stay fixed? I mean, they realized they won't make any baby like that, right? And we've never seen a Shellder go off a Slowbro or a Slowking."
I answered "Concerning the Slowbro, we could assume the sweet substance in the tail is a strong drug that makes the Shellder forget about everything else. And I mean, if I was given food I like for free, for the rest of my life, by loafing around forever, I wouldn't search for a boyfriend, too busy eating my chocolate."

-But then what about Slowking? What in the Ultra Space would make the Shellder decline the sweet tail and go for the head? Don't tell me it's the earwax!

slowpoke.png

(yup, I made it myseld and I'm very proud!)

I thought a while and then... I asked:
-What does something sweet do when stored for a long time? I mean, like grape juice.
-It's rotting or fermenting?
-And we can guess Slowpoke produce themselves the sweet thingie that comes out of their tail, right?
-Ooooh, gross!
-I know right! But it explains a lot!

We realized that Slowpoke was full of sweet and alcohol, so they couldn't walk on 2 legs on their own, not because they are too stupid, but because they're permanently drunk. The Shellder does help stand up, because Slowpoke is weighted; by pendulum effect, if Slowpoke staggers, they don't loose their balance. But maybe also, since the Shellder is drinking the sweet, that sweet doesn't become alcohol, so Slowpoke is a little less drunk.

So Shellder is here purely and only drugged by the sweet and can't get enough. So what happens when the Shellder bites the head directly? Well the sweet that becomes alcohol and goes to the head would make Slowpoke slow, clumsy, unable to use correctly their psychic powers and not able to feel directly the pain. Here the Shellder takes most of it and becomes just so drunk that they don't think straight, so once again, they won't think about making a family.

On the other hand, Slowking's mind is more clear. They're able to stand up and carry their own weight + the Shellder on the head without to stagger, and more importantly they feel pain more directly. Including the atrocious pain Shellder is making from biting their head. Which improves their psychic moves, just like Psyduck. A clearer mind like this allows Slowking to talk human language, like in the 2nd movie. (oh, I remember now why we went to Slowpoke, because we were about humans become Pokémon like Kadabra according to some Pokédex and who didn't think about explaining what happened).

So I asked why doesn't Cloyster do that, or why a Shellder doesn't evolve on a head or tail, and my bro answered "Simple, it's so big it eats the Slowpoke"... and then there is the Mega Evolution and we're kinda stuck, since the Shellder part doesn't even touch the tail there.

What you guys think about this? Do you have any crazy Pokémon theory?

Now I gotta get a Slowpoke and taste for myself
mii.png

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
View attachment 18635
(close enough...)

Okay, so my brother (who doesn't have an account here) and I talked this week about Pokémon's weird anatomies, Pokémon "made from" items, Pokémon that used to be human,... and somehow we went to slowpoke. I'll summerize the whole conversation for you.

What interesting do we know about Slowpoke?
  1. they walk on 4 legs
  2. they are so slow that they only feel pain several seconds after they got hurt
  3. from their tail, there is a sweet substance that quite some fishs like, also humans, but mostly it's for fishing their food and to evolve thanks to a symbiosis with Shellder, even if that might be accidental for the Slowpoke.

First remark my brother brought up was "but the Shellder, why do they stay fixed? I mean, they realized they won't make any baby like that, right? And we've never seen a Shellder go off a Slowbro or a Slowking."
I answered "Concerning the Slowbro, we could assume the sweet substance in the tail is a strong drug that makes the Shellder forget about everything else. And I mean, if I was given food I like for free, for the rest of my life, by loafing around forever, I wouldn't search for a boyfriend, too busy eating my chocolate."

-But then what about Slowking? What in the Ultra Space would make the Shellder decline the sweet tail and go for the head? Don't tell me it's the earwax!

slowpoke.png

(yup, I made it myseld and I'm very proud!)

I thought a while and then... I asked:
-What does something sweet do when stored for a long time? I mean, like grape juice.
-It's rotting or fermenting?
-And we can guess Slowpoke produce themselves the sweet thingie that comes out of their tail, right?
-Ooooh, gross!
-I know right! But it explains a lot!

We realized that Slowpoke was full of sweet and alcohol, so they couldn't walk on 2 legs on their own, not because they are too stupid, but because they're permanently drunk. The Shellder does help stand up, because Slowpoke is weighted; by pendulum effect, if Slowpoke staggers, they don't loose their balance. But maybe also, since the Shellder is drinking the sweet, that sweet doesn't become alcohol, so Slowpoke is a little less drunk.

So Shellder is here purely and only drugged by the sweet and can't get enough. So what happens when the Shellder bites the head directly? Well the sweet that becomes alcohol and goes to the head would make Slowpoke slow, clumsy, unable to use correctly their psychic powers and not able to feel directly the pain. Here the Shellder takes most of it and becomes just so drunk that they don't think straight, so once again, they won't think about making a family.

On the other hand, Slowking's mind is more clear. They're able to stand up and carry their own weight + the Shellder on the head without to stagger, and more importantly they feel pain more directly. Including the atrocious pain Shellder is making from biting their head. Which improves their psychic moves, just like Psyduck. A clearer mind like this allows Slowking to talk human language, like in the 2nd movie. (oh, I remember now why we went to Slowpoke, because we were about humans become Pokémon like Kadabra according to some Pokédex and who didn't think about explaining what happened).

So I asked why doesn't Cloyster do that, or why a Shellder doesn't evolve on a head or tail, and my bro answered "Simple, it's so big it eats the Slowpoke"... and then there is the Mega Evolution and we're kinda stuck, since the Shellder part doesn't even touch the tail there.

What you guys think about this? Do you have any crazy Pokémon theory?

Now I gotta get a Slowpoke and taste for myself
View attachment 18636
Haha this is a crazy theory. Idk whats really up with Shellder and Slowpoke but they certainly are weird Pokemon!

That's a crazy theory if I've ever heard one! :p
And it does attempt to answer some of the long standing questions Pokémon fans have had about the anatomy of a certain someone...

P.S. That's a beautiful picture. You should be very proud. Fine work!:n-omg:

This really confuses me. Especially the Slowbro side of things. Slowpoke can evolve into Slowbro. That doesn't confuse me. But when it mega evolves the shell gets bigger but the fact that Pokémon can go to Mega form and back doesn't make sense at all (Slowbro can then devolve into Slowpoke if it's tail is cut off). But what happens to its tan belly. Also I'm guessing Slowpoke evolves at a certain level (which doesn't make sense either when you think about it compared to Mantine) because then it gives off something that Shellder wants and as for how Slowking the King's Rock might be tasty when Shellder licks it like deer salt and then it looks for the brain juice because the Rock is gone.

Oh yeah and how do you explain Slowpoke can't be bitten in the tail by Cloyster because Mega Slowbro is clearly capable of staying in it's shell when it's bigger. It probably stands on its tail because of its psychic abilities so clearly it can stand up if Cloyster was Slowbro's shell.

I clearly don't know... And I just thought about something : my explanation can explain too why can't there be two shellders on one Slowpoke? Because if one is sucking sugar or alcohol, there is nothing for the second one

Well, it's an interesting theory, to say the least. :hilarious:

However, that doesn't mean it isn't true. It seems like you thought for quite a while to build this theory up. Whether it's wrong or not, nice work! :D

not at all, it just came to sense while we were going to the grocery store.

This reminds me a lot of shckle, as it ferments the juice inside its shell.

Back