a few questions about wii u before a make my purchase

• Thread starter codyplays
  • Start date
codyplays

codyplays

Pancake
Towns Folk
so i have been looking at a TON of stuff aout the wii u and before i ake a decision to purchase the systym.
does it offer usb port for additional storage?

i am looking at a 8g console and since the 32g console is 70$ more can i purchase flash drives and use them as a storage device other than the consoles harddrive instead?

how good is a refurbished sytm from gamestop
sadly one to fit my budget is a refurbished one from gamestop. i have seen mixed opinions on refurbishes so will i regret getting a refurbished console?

i have seen problems with how short the power supply of the gamepad is and i wondereed if the gamepad is ok as long as i have decebt charger,so it wont run low on battery constantly.

am i missing alot when i purchase a 8g console instea of a 32g?
i read that xenoblade chronicles x will use a whopping 21g of data as a digital download! i havnt looked at any other games data usage but how big are digital games on average data size? i will probably only own about 1 or 2 digital games but i plan to download a ton of vc games(cough earthbound cough cough) and i want to know if 8g will be enough to do so.

things i know im missing out on :(
im a collector of sorts and i like to keep origanel boxes of things so i wont be able to get the box with this one
no club nintendo code, WWWHHHHYYYY
possible risk of systm being damaged, iv seen few but some people get refurbed consoles that looked like absolute crap so ya...

i havnt touched my wii u for years so this is my second console experience with nintendo so i just like to know before i buy

this is my plannned purchase
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/consoles/nintendo-wii-u-8gb-white-gamestop-premium-refurbished/109838
i also found this for an incredible deal if i need one
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-power-stand-white/107987

also thanks for reading all of this

does it offer usb port for additional storage?

i am looking at a 8g console and since the 32g console is 70$ more can i purchase flash drives and use them as a storage device other than the consoles harddrive instead?
This page shares information about the external storage devices you can use - http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1359/~/what-external-storage-devices-can-be-used-with-wii-u?

I think flash drives work but they aren't recommended :
Nintendo said:
  1. Can I use a Flash/Thumb drive as an external storage device?
    • Because these devices have a limited number of rewrites and are not suited to long-term storage of important game data, we do not recommend the use of Flash/thumb drives as an external storage device solution. For best results, we recommend using a hard drive with its own power supply that connects to the Wii U via the USB port on the console.

• Commercial Flash memory has a limit on the number of times you can write over it and we don't recommend flash memory devices for long-term storage of important save data.
Source: #10. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/la...general_info&submenu=wup-external-usb-storage
how good is a refurbished sytm from gamestop
sadly one to fit my budget is a refurbished one from gamestop. i have seen mixed opinions on refurbishes so will i regret getting a refurbished console?
I've never used a refurbished Wii U so I don't know, sorry.
i have seen problems with how short the power supply of the gamepad is and i wondereed if the gamepad is ok as long as i have decebt charger,so it wont run low on battery constantly.
The GamePad will last a while when playing on a fully charged battery, but the thing I dislike is the GamePad's battery dies after a while even when turned off >.< Charging it while playing is possible though.

So if you haven't used the GamePad in 10 days for example, you might need to charge it before playing on the Wii U.
am i missing alot when i purchase a 8g console instea of a 32g?
i read that xenoblade chronicles x will use a whopping 21g of data as a digital download! i havnt looked at any other games data usage but how big are digital games on average data size? i will probably only own about 1 or 2 digital games but i plan to download a ton of vc games(cough earthbound cough cough) and i want to know if 8g will be enough to do so.
8 GB isn't really much. I think that's only 1 regular retail game. Mario Kart 8 is around 5 GB, Super Mario 3D World and Zelda Wind Waker HD are around 2-4 GB. I haven't confirmed these on my download settings, but I will if you want me to.

Games like Bayonetta 2 are around the 14-16 GB size. Tekken is really larger as well.

The digital deluxe promotion ended last year so there isn't much benefit to the Deluxe version anymore besides storage.

things i know im missing out on :(
im a collector of sorts and i like to keep origanel boxes of things so i wont be able to get the box with this one
no club nintendo code, WWWHHHHYYYY
Club Nintendo is closing so it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: codyplays
Thanks I think I'm going to buy one I don't know when though thanks a lot though

I think I might end up getting the deluxe version I can probably get around 70$ if I try so I could probably by maybe next month. I was looking forward to using the last of my cn coins with this and try to get the zelda strap or earthbound that's why I'm kind of sad thanks.

One more question, will the brand new in box wii u come with a charger for the gamepad or will I have to buy that separate?

One more question, will the brand new in box wii u come with a charger for the gamepad or will I have to buy that separate?
I saw the question on my profile before you asked here, but I'll answer it again for anyone who finds this thread from Google or something. Yes, it comes with a charger (not sure about Europe tho).

I think the deluxe version also comes with a charging cradle :

o7M10GQ.jpg

Reactions: codyplays and 3823
I think I might end up getting the deluxe version I can probably get around 70$ if I try so I could probably by maybe next month. I was looking forward to using the last of my cn coins with this and try to get the zelda strap or earthbound that's why I'm kind of sad thanks.

Yeah, all Wii U consoles come with a charger for the GamePad that plugs into the wall.

Reactions: codyplays
Back