A look at what the Nintendo Switch VR experience could look like

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Pretty sure this is just a fan-made mockup since I haven't heard much about any official Nintendo Switch VR gear, but this looks decent. A bit cheap-looking and I fear the Switch falling out because you actually have to connect it to the VR gear itself to get the virtual reality experience.

DPuPyZtW4AIzQVk.jpg

More pictures in spoilers below :

DPuPy6SXkAI-bmd.jpg

DPuPzjnXUAASql0.jpg

DPuPz_rXkAEoRQF.jpg

I feel like this could be heavy and awkward... but I’ve never held a switch in person before. Would it be really heavy?

I feel like this could be heavy and awkward... but I’ve never held a switch in person before. Would it be really heavy?
Not sure how heavy the actual Switch is but the gear by itself looks really light.

Reactions: Duffy
Regarding virtual reality for nintendo, some time ago Reggie was asked about the topic and he was very clear that for the momento being, nintendo had no plans for vr and he continued supporting his idea by saying that nintendo focuses his games more on the social aspect, and with vr that social trait would be lost because vr is just for one person, they pretend their games to entertain various people at the same time. I think his arguments are pretty valid, I have tried some vr experiences and to tell you the truth, they don´t blow my mind away, I prefer the classic style game experience.

There was a rumour going around that Nintendo Switch will have a VR version.

I honestly don't believe this is the case, I reckon the Switch is unique in itself and if this were the case unfortunately it will be like the other consoles.

I believe this would ruin Nintendo and they will no longer be different to the other consoles.

What is your take on this?

Reactions: Mikaya
Eh, I'm not too much into VR. It's just a gimmick that will die like motion controls.

Reactions: Mikaya
Wait, does the switch itself have gyro?
Not the joy-cons, but the actual console itself?

Wait, does the switch itself have gyro?
Not the joy-cons, but the actual console itself?
Uhhh.. no..
Way to kill the dream...
They could attach a joycon to the headset i guess, but still, that means buying more joycons. Actually they would probably integrate motion in the headset, making it cost more than necessary..

I was expecting the picture to be someone taping Labo to their face

This would be awesome. Especially for open world games like breath of the wild and super mario odyssey. Come on, what's cooler than walking through new donk city in virtual reality? Or entering a zelda shrine, for that matter.

Back