PS A Mini PS1 is a thing!

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
Looks like Sony is following Nintendo if it comes to mini consoles, because they have just announced that PlayStation Classic will be out this December 3rd. Some of the included games will be Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, R4: Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms. So what do you think about this tiny console?

Last edited:
Ooh, nice! Never played a PlayStation of any kind before, so this would be pretty cool to snag!

Is there a shop where you can buy additional downloadable games for it, or is it like the NES Classic and only has the ones included with it?

Reactions: Agentperson
So far I'm interested in playing 4 of the 5 games. I'll probably wait and see the rest of the lineup to decide if I'll get it.

There are now going to be mini Playstations? Thats pretty cool actually.

I'm surprised the Americanized Persona 1 was even included. You'd think Sony would prefer the original P1 or even the P2 duology, but nah, let's have Relevations instead.

Full Game List
Battle Arena Toshinden
Cool Boarders 2
Destruction Derby
Final Fantasy VII
Grand Theft Auto
Intelligent Qube
Jumping Flash
Metal Gear Solid
Mr Driller
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Rayman
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Revelations: Persona
Ridge Racer Type 4
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Syphon Filter
Tekken 3
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6
Twisted Metal
Wild Arms

They could have done better with the game selection tbh. I might sit this one out.

it seems the mini ps1 got some stability and emulation problems

I think it's pretty awesome! I hope we see more of this sort of thing.

If I wasn't interested in new games and wanted to diversify and not look for the PlayStation (if I didn't have one) along with good condition discs I'd say I would want to buy it to get lot's of gameplay and no trouble dishing money for online services or in-game content. Sure it isn't Spyro or Crash but some are still notable like FF7 (ha no need to buy a PS4 to play it), Metal Gear Solid, Rayman, and Persona. Even though I don't think there's such a thing as a game too ugly or too real as long as it doesn't intentionally make a game harder. I would pick this over the NES Classic (or dare I say SNES Classic) because I played those types of games before (because the games I've seen played on it from my collection aren't as good) and it's just good enough graphic wise and not flat enough to play like a GBA game (that isn't KH:CoM). Hey where's KH1?:mad: I think the collection is diverse enough to not go looking for all these games on another console and just enough interesting games to not just buy one to play on a regular PS1, but it does lack a few things in terms of the menu/options so I guess get it if you like the variety and not some cheap classic 2D game collection.

If it had better games I would buy it. I haven't played many playstation games before and I do want to, but the games on here are not great, or the ones I really want to try, with the exception of Final Fantasy VII which I plan to pick up on switch.

To show my point:

Full Game List

Battle Arena Toshinden-Not interested in
Cool Boarders 2-Not interested in
Destruction Derby-Not interested in
Final Fantasy VII-Plan to get on switch
Grand Theft Auto-Interested in, but only to play one or two times, you know, just to try it
Intelligent Qube-Not interested in
Jumping Flash-Not interested in
Metal Gear Solid-Interested in trying out
Mr Driller-Not interested in
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee-Interested in, but own on steam
Rayman-Interested in, but would rather play a remake or newer rayman game
Resident Evil Director's Cut-Interested in, but would rather play a remake or newer Resident Evil game
Revelations: Persona-Interested in, but would rather play a remake or newer Persona game
Ridge Racer Type 4-Not interested in
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo-Not interested in
Syphon Filter-Not interested in
Tekken 3-Not interested in fighting games for the most part (except smash)
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6-Vaguely interested in trying once
Twisted Metal-Not interested in
Wild Arms-Not interested in

It's called an emulator on your phone

Back