A Nintendo Power magazine reader was in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
Heyo everybody! Samster here, with another fantastic topic! :D

So, lately, I’ve been doing a whole bunch of these (and I ain’t stoppping soon :eyes2:), so why not another one, hey?

Quick backstory before I tell you about this. A while back in 1990, Nintendo Power (a magazine about all Nintendo stuffz in the late 1900’s) held a contest. The winner would be featured in the next Zelda game. That next Zelda game happened to be A Link to the Past. However, no one could find the winner Chris Houlihan’s name anywhere. Eventually, everyone quit looking.

Then, in the early 2000’s, someone finally found it. Apparently, Nintendo hid it in a room that’s impossible to access without glitching Link through a wall with an exploit in the game.

8B4E273D-3E09-4EFF-B1FD-79A4FBC9F8ED.png

I honestly think they could’ve put a much better Easter Egg in there. It really seems like they just threw it in at the last minute, but cool, I guess. :p Any of you know about this? :eyes3:

Last edited:
Thats pretty cool. I wonder if this Chris Houlihan guy ever found it. I can imagine his excitement when knowing he won then looking everywhere in Link to the Past to find his name. Then probabably he gave up and thought Nintendo deceived him. Then finally someone found it and (hopefully) he found it too and was excited. :p

Back