Accelgor vs talonflame

• Thread starter Wado_Ss
  • Start date
Wado_Ss

Wado_Ss

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
I was testing this strategy for a while, i was seeking for a taleonflame counter on my bug monotype, and i try this and its really efective!!!

This is the accelgor
Nature: hasty Evs: 252 Spa/ 252Spe/4HP
Ability: Limber Item: Focus sash

MOVES:
Bug buzz
Giga drain
HP rock
Water shuriken

Accelgor is faster than talonflame, so he can endure with focus sash and attack with HP and defeat talonflame by one hit.

Sounds good, but, and the devensive variant?
also covered

talonflame has priority for its ability ''gale wings'' but accelgor learn water shuriken, a priority water move that hits 2-5 times and its super effective to talonflame.

Well, thanks to watch and sorry for my HORRIBLE english, im from mexico and i dont understand anything:confused: , ok, Bye :D

Reactions: Livada
Water Shuriken and gale wings have the same speed priority of 1.

Plus if you want to do a little damage with water shuriken, you'll need to invest ATK EVs, but even with ATK EVs, it doesn't do sufficient damage and you're not even guaranteed to hit all 5 times.

252 Atk Accelgor Water Shuriken (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 90-108 (30.3 - 36.3%) -- approx. 21.3% chance to 3HKO

To take out a Talon, you'll have to tank a hit with the focus sash and use HP Rock. Without investing EVs in speed, you'll outrun a speed invested Adamant Talonflame unless it uses Brave Bird.

You'll also have to watch out for stealth rock damage that breaks your focus sash.

Yeah, i forgot, defeat the defensive its only by luck, whoops!

I'm going to be honest with you... that is not a counter, if there is any type of Hazards on the field, Accelgor becomes a set up fodder more than a check to Talonflame

If you want something to check Talonflame for a Mono bug team, use this

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rocks
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

It gives your Hazard Contorl, Stealth Rocks, can Tank hits from Talonflame and OHKO back

252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 8 Def Armaldo: 169-201 (58 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Armaldo Rock Blast (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 464-552 (156.2 - 185.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Armaldo Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 1160-1380 (390.5 - 464.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you want, you can give it more Def, is up to you

i didn't know the right word in english, in spanish i say anti- (insert pokemon name here) i literally put some words in google translate, and thanks for the armaldo idea, the team is wasnt finished and i need a physical wall:D

Water Shuriken on a Greninja is even better, if you train a Physical Greninja.

Back