Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date

Do you want to get Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies?

• I have it! TAKE THAT!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • HOLD IT! I definitely want to get it!

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • OBJECTION! This is a stupid game!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Anyone planning on getting the game or has got the game? I've been hearing some really good things about it haha Yeah, it's rated M but I think it's mainly only because of a couple of the crime scene photos having blood. It isn't really CoD violent.

Also, what do you all think of the game?

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies ...
i watched the trailer and it seemed quite good but i
don't have a unlimited amount of money -
so i plan to get some other games before getting this one - got some other games on my mind like
fire
emblem awakening and maybe pokemon bank

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies ...
i watched the trailer and it seemed quite good but i
don't have a unlimited amount of money -
so i plan to get some other games before getting this one - got some other games on my mind like
fire
emblem awakening and maybe pokemon bank
I'd definitely recommend buying Dual Destinies and Pokemon Bank together. The thing is (in U.S. Dollar terms. idk about other currencies), Pokemon Bank is only $4.99 while Dual Destinies is only $29.99. The game is priced lower than usual for a quality game (typically $39.99) which means that it could combine well with a cheap app like Pokemon Bank for less than the price of the typical quality game. with that said though, Fire Emblem: Awakening definitely is legit and you should play that at some point.

tl;dr I'd recommend Dual Destinies+Pokemon Bank first THEN Fire Emblem Awakening (I'm considering doing something similar).

I would appreciate it if anyone would buy me Dual Destinies. I'm new to this forum and wanna make friends and stuff. Any friend wants to buy me Dual Destinies? :sneaky:

PS. I played the demo for DD. It's one helluva a game. Looking forward to getting the game by myself if no Friend buys it for me :rotfl:

I would appreciate it if anyone would buy me Dual Destinies. I'm new to this forum and wanna make friends and stuff. Any friend wants to buy me Dual Destinies? :sneaky:

PS. I played the demo for DD. It's one helluva a game. Looking forward to getting the game by myself if no Friend buys it for me :rotfl:
You're new to this forum? are you sure -_____-
@naagza, actually there are some threads about Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, for example this. ;)

Liked the demo a lot, but I like other games too, and games are expensive. Maybe I'll get it when it's in sale or something.

those kind of tactics aren't going to work

You're new to this forum? are you sure -_____-
@naagza, actually there are some threads about Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, for example this. ;)
Yeah, I know that thread is there but I made this one for two reasons: a) it became inactive after my last post and I didn't think it'd make sense to bump it, b) this is about a game that's more recent and relevant rather than random things about a huge thing haha

Liked the demo a lot, but I like other games too, and games are expensive. Maybe I'll get it when it's in sale or something.
Well it IS kinda on sale in the sense that it's worth less than a normal legit 3DS game. I mean, you can get it for just $29.99, instead of the usual $39.99 pricetag with games like Pokemon X/Y

Dual Destinies is a great game!

It doesn't deserve the M rating either ... in fact the ERSB descriptors are the same as those found in the T rated entries! It's probably my favorite eShop game of 2013!

It's hard to talk too much about it w/o giving spoilers ... even the Miiverse community can ruin some aspects. But I think it's terrific, and you'll get your money's worth out of it.

Reactions: Kaynil
Dual Destinies is a great game!

It doesn't deserve the M rating either ... in fact the ERSB descriptors are the same as those found in the T rated entries! It's probably my favorite eShop game of 2013!

It's hard to talk too much about it w/o giving spoilers ... even the Miiverse community can ruin some aspects. But I think it's terrific, and you'll get your money's worth out of it.
Like I said, the M rating was probably because of some crime scene photos. They include more blood than they ever did in past games. Also, without spoiling too much, there's this one image in the last case that could easily cause nightmares for younger players :p

What TAG said. I have the game and I had a blast playing through it. It gave me a bit of everything and if you have played other games this one might shake some nostalgia too with details that people that haven't played the franchise before miss. Furthermore, for those new to the franchise it is overall a great title to pick too.

I also loved the animated cut scenes.

Reactions: ShinyLatios and TAG
What TAG said. I have the game and I had a blast playing through it. It gave me a bit of everything and if you have played other games this one might shake some nostalgia too with details that people that haven't played the franchise before miss. Furthermore, for those new to the franchise it is overall a great title to pick too.

I also loved the animated cut scenes.
ehh imo the animated cut scenes could have been a bit better at some points. It was a really cool concept I'll admit and I do like some of the voice actors, but *some* of them (Apollo) just don't sound right to me idk. The new Phoenix Wright voice was hard to get used to at first, but now I think it fits really well

Reactions: Kaynil
Obviously getting one! ... In the future:p
I wish there ill be a discount to only $19.99 LOL:D

Hmm i played the series before and it has strong story written in it. And Trial & Tribulation one supposedly the longest in its chapter
But for Dual Destinies I read on kotaku that its just 15 hours gameplay
Is it that easy or its just varies in person?
Can someone enlighten me with this?:p

Obviously getting one! ... In the future:p
I wish there ill be a discount to only $19.99 LOL:D

Hmm i played the series before and it has strong story written in it. And Trial & Tribulation one supposedly the longest in its chapter
But for Dual Destinies I read on kotaku that its just 15 hours gameplay
Is it that easy or its just varies in person?
Can someone enlighten me with this?:p
I wouldn't count on it being discounted to $19.99 anytime soon. I mean, the fact that it's already at a cheaper than normal retail price is pretty good as is.

I suppose it'd vary on the person to an extent. With that said, maybe there are differences in case lengths (although I'm pretty sure this is the longest case 1 we've ever had...)

It took me way longer than 15 hours. The game is a visual novel, meant to be read. They probably rushed through it to get a timely review up - a shame really.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
I guess its really depends on the individuals?
Thanks for the info :p
Really hoping to get this after finishing SMT IV (could be quite a while)

By the way, it seems that the trilogy of the series is coming to 3DS, wonder if Miles Edgeworth one gets it too?
The sequel didnt get localized :(

By the way, it seems that the trilogy of the series is coming to 3DS, wonder if Miles Edgeworth one gets it too?
I love Edgeworth as a character and as a prosecutor, but not as an investigator.
Even if the investigation series came up as a bundle, I would not like to buy it, hehehe. The main series is enough for me :)

I think if the Miles Edgeworth one is going to happen, that's a long ways away. The fan translation is probably going to be finished by then...

I love Edgeworth as a character and as a prosecutor, but not as an investigator.
Even if the investigation series came up as a bundle, I would not like to buy it, hehehe. The main series is enough for me :)
To each his own haha I personally liked the Investigations series because of the unique gameplay experience it offered

Reactions: TAG
To each his own haha I personally liked the Investigations series because of the unique gameplay experience it offered
Well, sure, we have our own preferences. :) Hopefully you guys can enjoy the Investigation bundle if Capcom plan to release it Westward.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
I think if the Miles Edgeworth one is going to happen, that's a long ways away. The fan translation is probably going to be finished by then...

Yeah i agree to this. The Edgeworth series did offer things differently from the main series, such as the investigation, the re-imagined of the case device thing and the logic system

The , its true that it differs for each personal taste as @dwikrid says:D

Back