Achievement System?

• Thread starter 423
  • Start date

Content at Heart
Towns Folk
Do you think the NX will have an achievement/accomplishment system? (For all Games/Apps)

I hope so. I love having those extra goals to work towards. Makes a game have much more replayability

I'd say that there would be no really good guarantee that something like that would happen in the New System , but it sure would be nice to have something like that :p So I think that having a achievement system would be cool since playing games would sure be more fun :D

Ehh, if it's a lot like Steam, then it would be really cool but then again, a lot of the time achievements are put there for the sake of it but the feel good factor of them is quite nice. I'd rather they focus on getting really cool home wallpapers on the system, like the ones on 3DS, first. But if they added cool achievements, I wouldn't mind - better having one system than Uplay and Origin's achievements.

I think that the NX console will include an achievement system for games, achievement systems are growing more common in next generation consoles ( xbox1 and ps4) as well as pc platforms such as Origin and Steam, but of course this will depend on the developer of the game wanting to implement achievements into their game or not, but it will be more than likely that they will, whether they are indie developers or triple A titles. Adding achievements it generally makes the games that Nintendo throws at us more fun to play and to try and get all the achievements, it also makes us want to replay those games more to get those achievements, so people who buy games for the NX can get more hours out of the game, making it more worthwhile to purchase as a whole. What would be cool is a leaderboard type system for points that you could get from the games and try to get as many as possible and you get types of rewards for getting the points, maybe you could cash in those points for e-shop credit, or items in those games, it would be cool! To conclude, adding an achievement system would be a good step for nintendo to do with the NX

Reactions: 423
Looking at the games already in Nintendo's library achievements have been set up in the form of stamps (but who really cares about stamps?), or in-game content like KIU, SSB4, Nintendo Remix, Mario vs DK, or even The Lego Movie game for 3DS, or even a message on your Wii inbox (SMG2), it sounds like it's the developer's decision and adding an achievements system and following with the other consoles and games on an app store just sounds unoriginal. If they had a way to add a unique experience with a new unheard of system they would set themselves apart like they've always done in their decisions. I'm sure there will be a rewards system.

Looking at the games already in Nintendo's library achievements have been set up in the form of stamps (but who really cares about stamps?), or in-game content like KIU, SSB4, Nintendo Remix, Mario vs DK, or even The Lego Movie game for 3DS, or even a message on your Wii inbox (SMG2), it sounds like it's the developer's decision and adding an achievements system and following with the other consoles and games on an app store just sounds unoriginal. If they had a way to add a unique experience with a new unheard of system they would set themselves apart like they've always done in their decisions. I'm sure there will be a rewards system.
That's my issue though. I would rather they have one unified achievement system then having some games have their own achievements. It may not be original, but neither is the eshop, or online play. Things that are kinda standard at this point

Yes, that'd be a neat feature, but as @Artisan pointed out, I hope Nintendo, if they were to do such a thing, would make it special somehow. Like, adapt the game's difficulty depending on the achievements the player unlocked (example), or unlock some "special extra content" depending again on the unlocked achievements. So yes, it would be nice, but I hope they would make it different from the other achievements systems.

they should make it special, I really hope they do. It would be quite disappointing if they don't. they should add some special apps to it. It won't be a big deal if they don't make it special. So, there is a high chance they will add more apps to it :D

Would the new Loyalty Program count as a universal achievements system among the 3DS, Wii U, and NX? You would be able to receive rewards as you play games. And it not a simple rehash of Club Nintendo either, which probably means there's going to be much more to it.

An achievement system would be cool, rewarding players for tasks accomplished in different games and all.
Would the new Loyalty Program count as a universal achievements system among the 3DS, Wii U, and NX? You would be able to receive rewards as you play games. And it not a simple rehash of Club Nintendo either, which probably means there's going to be much more to it.

The new loyalty program could be tied in to all of this. Rewarding payers with goodies from the loyalty program would be a great thing for the 3DS/Wii U/NX.

If it's like Steam and Xbox 360, then yes.

Back