ACNH Mario Themed Items Update

• Thread starter Mizunil
  • Start date
Mizunil

Mizunil

Born at a young age
Towns Folk
We knew this was coming, and they finally showed off some of the new Mario Items!

The update is coming Feb/22/2022 and the Mario items will be in the catalog on March 1.

We see new outfits, and a bunch of outdoor items. Floor and floating blocks, Thwomp, Super Star, 1up Mushrooms, actual mushroom items and more!

The coolest new item in my opinion is the Warp Pipe. It looks and works like an actual Warp Pipe in game, allowing you to travel anywhere instantly. I wonder if we’ll only be able to place 2 or them or set up multiple pipes?

All in all, cool and expected update! What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Kalleh and Marc
There are more items than I was anticipating.

The warp pipe is fantastic. Setting up multiple warps would be a game-changer, but I doubt they’ll bother making that a reality. Even with one warp line, it opens up some interesting possibilities, like having two separate lands divided by water that are only accessible by warping in.

Disappointed that this was all that was announced for it. I thought for sure there would be a big update for the 1-year anniversary. Might still be happening, but I’d think a proper Direct would have been a better place to announce something big rather than a Twitter post. Probably won’t be a big update, I’m guessing.

Also, here’s some pictures of seasonal items they didn’t even mention that are coming within the next month (found on the Japanese ACNH website):

Mario Wall (gift in mail with the February update)
98609923-B499-478B-B3C5-8610BAFB5641.jpeg
Pi Day
B3E3160B-238D-42D8-AEFF-F0AE06E4B84C.jpeg
Hinamatsuri
22D725AC-EE3D-483F-9734-4C45B15DADCC.jpeg
St. Patrick’s DayC58AA23F-393F-4200-B7C7-C8BE8A2B8BA9.jpeg

The 1-year anniversary is technically a week after St. Patrick’s Day. Does this mean there’s still hope for something being planned to be revealed later? Sure. Is it going to just be a cake item? Probably.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mizunil
I’m pretty sure we’ll get a huge one year anniversary update. But this update is not bad honestly. I was expecting a couple furniture items that do nothing. But these are actually cool.

Warp pipes are actually useful. You dont even need a path to the secret beach now. Just a warp pipe is enough. I’m gonna set up warp pipes all over my island for quick access. I just hope that they don’t have a pipe restriction and say something like “only 2 pipes per island”.

The other furniture items are cool too. I like how they behave just like they do in the mario games. Looking at this really gets me excited for the possibility of zelda or pokemon furniture .

Reactions: Trazzers and Mizunil
54B35141-5637-47D1-A891-DBECFB867F42.jpegFound this online ^^

Reactions: Deepak
I read somewhere online that you can only warp through the pipe if you’re wearing one of the special mario costume sets. I really hope this is not the case. I’m not sure if it’s true or not though.

I read somewhere online that you can only warp through the pipe if you’re wearing one of the special mario costume sets.

I saw that mentioned by someone as a joke. Hopefully it stays that way.

There was a bit more info Nintendo released regarding them though, namely that more than two pipes can be placed. However, the destination of every warp will be random between all pipes, so there will be no way to make dedicated warp paths between pairs of pipes. No max amount of pipes was mentioned, so who knows how crazy you can go with it.

Also, you will be able to place a pipe in your house and connect it to locations on the island. So you’ll have a direct line between your house’s storage and, say, your garden you have on the other side of the island. I think that’s cool. Makes building things much easier.

In addition, they confirmed that the pipes will work in multiplayer. So that opens up possibilities for creative multiplayer applications of the warps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
I saw that mentioned by someone as a joke. Hopefully it stays that way.

There was a bit more info Nintendo released regarding them though, namely that more than two pipes can be placed. However, the destination of every warp will be random between all pipes, so there will be no way to make dedicated warp paths between pairs of pipes. No max amount of pipes was mentioned, so who knows how crazy you can go with it.

Also, you will be able to place a pipe in your house and connect to to locations on the island. So you’ll have a direct line between your house’s storage and, say, your garden you have on the other side of the island. I think that’s cool.

In addition, they confirmed that the pipes will work in multiplayer. So that opens up possibilities for creative multiplayer applications of the warps.
If only I could place a pipe on a friend's island. So I could travel there without having to go through orville's dialogue.

Does anyone know if this was received well by AC fans or not? I guessed we'd get a small update from the direct with some items but it wouldn't be super appreciated by the community who wants more events.
Also those warp pipes are sick.

Does anyone know if this was received well by AC fans or not? I guessed we'd get a small update from the direct with some items but it wouldn't be super appreciated by the community who wants more events.

I think the AC community is chill enough that they’ll find the positives in whatever updates the game gets. I expected more, as did a lot of other people probably, but warp pipes are novel enough that the fans are satisfied.

Reactions: Duffy
I’m gonna set up warp pipes all over my island for quick access. I just hope that they don’t have a pipe restriction and say something like “only 2 pipes per island”.

I have heard that if you have more than two Warp Pipes, where you end up will be random. I'm not sure how much truth is in that statement, though!

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
I have heard that if you have more than two Warp Pipes, where you end up will be random. I'm not sure how much truth is in that statement, though!
Yeah. That's confirmed on the japanese nintendo website.

Yeah, that’s true.

You can also put a pipe in your house, which makes accessing building materials and items from your storage easier.

The update is now live.

The wallpaper can be found in your mailbox. It’s animated with blinking coin boxes and piranha plants from the original Mario Bros game. It looks really neat.

The rest of the items can be bought on March 1st. Screwing with the system clock isn’t my thing though, so I’ll look forward to that next week.

Last edited:
Screwing with the system clock isn’t my thing though,
But it is mine hehe

• Funny
Reactions: Deepak
The mario update is pretty neat loooking. I'm not a hardcore mario fan but being able to dress up as different mario characters is pretty cool imo. The waluigi outfit is pretty banger.

nvm theres no waluigi outfit. ;-; what the hecc nintendo........

it is a charming addition to animal crossing for switch.
to celebrate the anniversary for mario series.
maybe more character costumes be added to the game in the future.
it could be not all at once approach.
it is cool that it is a free dlc type of update.
it gives a little new content to play around with in the game.

Back