AC:NH ACNH Petition

• Thread starter Agentperson
  • Start date
Agentperson

Agentperson

Custom Title
Towns Folk
So I found this petition on Animal Crossing New Horizons and it seems pretty worthy for a topic.

This petition is about making the game come out early due to COVID-19 (More commonly know as the Coronavirus). Now you see, this thread was made on March 15th. I don't know when the petition was made but it has reach 2,000 supporters a few hours ago (At least according to an update) and is currently at 5.5 Thousand. The odds of this happening though are pretty low as there's only 5 days left before the game releases. I think Brad (The guy responsible for starting this) just wants to get his hands on the game right now.

I won't be signing this, but if you are interested, I'll link this right here.

It's an incredibly stupid petition. There's no way this is going to work. There are literally only a couple of days left.

I think this is more the case of people are too impatient despite already waiting 8 years since the last mainline game. If anything, they would delay the release because of the virus due to potential loss of physical sales.

Reactions: Agentperson and Marc
I mean I don't play AC but think about it. Does the game need that extra effort? Is it done yet? Grab your mom's credit card before they spend it on necessities and hope the balance is enough to get it on the Switch eShop! :pepe: I mean remember how Reggie played Smash with a Ganon main before he died and then they can't do that for "X # of people" suffering from Corona. I expect they are taking responsible measures to ensure the people making this game aren't getting it. I do know that Nintendo doesn't pay attention to petitions like the one about Mother 3 being brought to the West so I don't expect anything different.

I feel sorry for the people who will not get their games if the store they pre-ordered it from is closed. But yea, they could have went digital <3 And yea, there's no way Nintendo is going to push up the release date.

Reactions: Agentperson
I feel sorry for the people who will not get their games if the store they pre-ordered it from is closed.

Please don’t put that out in the universe.

Reactions: Jisenku, Marc and 28142
I don't really see the need to rush the game. I understand the fear of the game getting delayed because of corona but Nintendo isn't one to rush games. I honestly think that Animal Crossing will be okay despite all this, not to mention there will still be the digital copy if the physical isn't obtainable. Though that's not to say that I'm not eagerly waiting to play this one too.

Reactions: Jisenku, Agentperson and 28142
At this point, physical copies have already been shipped to big retailers, so I don’t think there’s much danger of the game itself being delayed. This petition would have Nintendo allow retailers to break street date and sell the stock they have, I suppose. Not much point this close to release. By the time any decent amount of signatures were obtained, it would already be out. That’s assuming Nintendo would even care about a petition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jisenku, Agentperson and 28142
This is really big stupid

like BIG STUPID

Even if physical copies haven't been shipped to retailers yet (that's a BIG if), they still don't take into consideration digital downloads. Why would a game be postponed specifically just for the coronavirus? It's not like it's a gathering of some sort, it's just a product. Unless if it's made from China, then what's the point of wanting it released now?

In the mind of a stupid animal crossing player:

Corona virus = Early game release.
Extreme logix

In the mind of a stupid animal crossing player:

Corona virus = Early game release.
Extreme logix
1584363847577.png

Attachments

• 1584363849259.png
    1584363849259.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Deepak
No this is stupid, pointless & not fair to those with Hard Copy.

Reactions: Agentperson and Jisenku
Back