ACNH Sanrio villagers update

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk

This was a surprise update. It came out of nowhere. But basically, the 6 sanrio cards will be reprinted and the sanrio villagers also make a return.
The villagers are:
  • Rilla (Hello kitty themed ape)
  • Marty (yellow bear cub)
  • Etoile (purple sheep)
  • Chai (blue elephant)
  • Chelsea (green-haired deer)
  • Toby (green-haired bunny)
All the villagers seem pretty cool. But I also saw some new furniture in the trailer. Each villager comes with a furniture set (Bed,table,clock sofa etc...). And some villagers come with extra stuff like a special wand, a cloud making machine, a parasol, or a tiny frog plushie. I really hope that the furniture is available to everyone. This update is coming out on March 18th and you will need the cards to get these villagers. This gives me hope for the return of the removed nintendo-themed villagers. Like the zelda villagers (Epona horse, Ganon pig, Wolf link wolf) or the splatoon villagers. And if those villagers return, we will be getting those themed furnitures too. I hope I can find someone online to get all the sanrio furniture from. Whatdo you think of the update?

Reactions: Gram and Mizunil
Woah I did not expect this but it seems like a cool update! Each of the villagers and their new furniture seem cool. Hopefully the furniture is available to people without the cards, even if it’s for a few days in the special catalog.

Hopefully this is the start of more special villagers. I’m not a big Hello Kitty fan, but if any of the Nintendo themed villagers you named came out, I’d most likely get them.

But I also don’t want this to encourage more exclusive content you can only get from paying, I already bought the game I don’t want the equivalent of Animal Crossing DLC.

Ultimately, pretty neat update.

Cool stuff, but if they think I’m buying a multi-pack of overpriced cards to get it, they’re delusional.

These same villagers and furniture were in Pocket Camp, but all of the furniture was only obtainable through the premium (paid) fortune cookies. So I guess here they’re making all of the above available for a lump sum of however much it costs to purchase that whole pack of cards. It’s a nasty scheme that a lot of people are going to fall for, knowing this game’s demographic.

There are ways around this, especially if the old Sanrio cards work.

Back