Acnl:Relationships

• Thread starter Yonnasmoov
  • Start date
Yonnasmoov

Yonnasmoov

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
should we be able to date the animals in acnl?

Dating is not possible in any Animal Crossing games. You are only able to be friends with them, do favors for them, and that's it. There is no possible way for anyone to date their villagers, no matter what the face secrets found on the Internet tells you.

Na. Are you crazy? AC:NL is more focused towards kids and many kids play it.You can only make friendship with them. AC:NL would look awful with dating and stuff, and if there was I would never buy this game.

Reactions: blinboy
I think they wanted to keep the series innocent. Entering relationships wouldn't appeal to a younger audience, and I don't think the creators of New Leaf wanted to jeopardize receiving anything above an E-rating. The games are designed to appeal to everyone, and sticking an E10+ on the label might not attract their intended consumer market.

Reactions: Marc
I was just asking and besides a lot of people I played with turned out to be adults and said it would spice up things

the offspring would be terrifying :vamp:

Reactions: Robyn and Ritardando
Ew how would that work???
Honestyly when I was younger I wrote one of my vilagers a love letter and said Meet me at the KK Show tonight
It was ACWW I think
Anyway how would that work? The graphics wouldn't... no.
And this is a kid game.

Reactions: Knight Rain
Also, how would the producers program the stuff? Like if you send them a love letter, are they supposed to meet you, or go to your house, or buy all your stuff at a flea market or what? "Dating" is way too open. Too many possibilities. Nobody, can program stuff like that, except a certain person I have heard of named "God". Just...no. The only way that that would work is if it was somehow programmed for ANYTHING to be able to happen, which is...not yet possible.

Reactions: 3823
To be frank there are dating sims on the Internet, risqué or otherwise, and when it comes to something like that for an Animal Crossing game, by Nintendo in-house, becoming best friends is as far as they would go without letting themselves mentally delve into how many people on the Internet does it. I mean, if Nintendo WERE to do a dating sim, they would take advices from Namco High!

Reactions: blinboy
Honestly I think you could get close but it won't be a girl/boyfriend relationship. If you befriend a animal of the opposite gender and and have a close friendship they will send you a Valentine's letter

Reactions: blinboy and Blazikenpwnsyou
Maybe a fan-made game, but definitely not Nintendo. Nintendo would never attempt something like that, being a large producer for little kids gaming joy. Besides, there are already more than enough dating sims and sites online to satisfy anybody's need for them. Putting it in a children's game would be crude. Though I see where you come from. Fable II was great, with being able to get married and have a house one great thing in it. But that's a game for older kids, not younglings.

Reactions: blinboy and Blazikenpwnsyou
Maybe a fan-made game, but definitely not Nintendo. Nintendo would never attempt something like that, being a large producer for little kids gaming joy. Besides, there are already more than enough dating sims and sites online to satisfy anybody's need for them. Putting it in a children's game would be crude. Though I see where you come from. Fable II was great, with being able to get married and have a house one great thing in it. But that's a game for older kids, not younglings.
I agree with you. I'd rather see an Animal Crossing dating sim be fan-made, and not by Nintendo. Also, besides creating games that's fun for the whole family, they also drawn in the competitive crowd, like the Pokemon and Smash Bros series.

I would try and say if Nintendo and the creator of Homestuck were to do like Namco did with Namco High, but I'm not even sure how anyone in the forums would react.

No you cannot date, and the game would look awful with that stuff.This game, is made for its calm little village livelihood, and adding romantic stuff to it would ruin it just like a window smashed with a cricket ball.

I think it would kill the cuteness of the game if it had dating. I like how there's little hints of relationship in the game but it doesn't go too far. ACNL is a game for kids and adults, so dating wouldn't work. We wouldn't want to question the offspring of two animals. o_O Yeah, point is, I think it'd ruin the game a little bit and make it stressful, if you could date someone xD

Reactions: Warbird
This thread sounds like AC:NL meets The Sims. .-. Again, as already mentioned by many, Animal Crossing is geared towards casual gamers. It takes away from having to go pee every 5 minutes, or having to eat every 10. Or even having to shower. It's not a hardcore life sim, it's more geared towards creativity and decoration. Dating would only decrease the casual factor (because let's face it, dating in The Sims is brutal. Friends show up to your house all of the time and then your girlfriend/wife thinks you're cheating and then you're in the doghouse. :/).

Back