Action anime

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
What is your favorite action anime? Mine is kinda obvious (I haven't said much about it on this site but "Rock the Dragon" lyrics still holds alot of important memories inside me!) what is yours? What can make you excited and still feel you with tension and fear even though you watched it before!!!?

Probably Samurai Champloo, the fight choreography is just amazing, other favorites are mine are Trigun and Black Lagoon.

Reactions: Kakea
Currently watching Neon Genesis Evangelion and Log Horizon.

Fairy tale. Its has full blown combat and action, and its a continuing series with 243 episodes so far. The manga is also going so its going to be lasting, maybe easily over 800 episodes on fairy tale because the manga is so long. 2nd to it for me would be sao, though the late 2nd season was back to the old arc, with not that much action and a bit cheesy

Log Horizon as an action/fantasy is pretty strategic, so it's not something pure hack-and-slash. I'm not into pure fighting anime, therefore the best action anime I have ever watched is Darker than Black series.

Fairy tail,Bleach,Naruto basically for Action i like to watch all the mainstream anime they suffice and have great story too, though i have to mention that if purely for visual action SAO and the horribly named "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon" looked breath taking too.

Awesome! I'm kinda upset the ONLY series I watched that I could say brought so much tension from action was Dragon Ball Z though: if everyone here is sure about what you say, that means I need something horrifying to watch(I HAVE watched some Naruto and Sword Art Online but it was only certain parts that made me freak out)I could be tensed the whole time in Dragonball Z knowing people were dying/a gero might die even during the more calm parts.Is there a anime with a sense of danger for extended periods of time specifically? Almost like a gore anime?

Akame ga kill sir i will warn you its story is good and the characters are nice it has the feel you want anyone can die at any time as it is an anime about assassination.
it also has somewhat of a morality conflict in the sense you are never really sure which side is right.
you maybe disappointed for one reason though.

MASSIVE SPOILERS:look only if you wont watch it or have already seen it.
I do not like the anime because most of the cast dies leaving only akame alive,also akame isnt all that like able either her personality is very silent and unappealing and until the very last battle she doesn't do much and is only played up to be really powerful and one of the characters dies just for the heck of it without a good reason but they introduce characters and they all die one by one only akame and 1 other character from the main cast lives,the male lead also dies just when he gets a new power/new armor its like goku dying right after turning super sayian and then never returning to the series.

Geez....I might watch it, the only thing making not want to is the unclear morality.... it's just watching a bunch a people fighting if there's no good or bad: it's like looking at madness!!!!( kinda Soul Eater reference! :D )I'll look at it though if it does have the same or more tension than Dragon Ball Z!

it has the same tension and the action/animation is a little better as akame ga kill is more recent and the story isnt bad for what it is but the ending IMO is absolutely terrible,
also the morality conflict doesn't kick in until half way through the series when 2 rival groups are formed.

Huh......

I hope the conflict doesn't kill it for me,like watching Tokyo Ghoul did...

My favorite anime that has action is Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. However, my favorite anime to watch for action was Gurren Lagann.

Norigami i one of my favorite action animes right now. Actually, it's one of my favorite animes period. While it has a really tiny fanbase and like, no one has heard of it, it's really, really good. It's a mix of humor and definitely not humor and as the series goes on, it gets me more excited. Plus, Yuki is my adorable little child with a real attitude. Ahh, and Yato, the protagonist, is just so great.
Right now, I can't say much more about Norigami without spoiling it. It's currently only 12 episodes with a second season confirmed for later this year. I'd say give it a shot.

Definitely SAO I for me xD. I also like Samurai Deeper Kyo (I only read manga), Attack on Titan and Fairy Tail.
There are so many good action anime out there <3
Currently watching Psycho Pass, it contain a bit of action but classed as a mystery category

Back