Action-fantasy anime recommendations

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
I'll be finishing Shakugan no Shana soon (not the special chibi episodes, but the main series).
I'm like a delicate piece of china right now, and I'm speeding towards a brick wall.
giphy.gif

I'd like recommendations for similar action-fantasy anime.

I've already decided to watch Akame ga Kill!; other action-fantasy recommendations are very appreciated :cat: Romance and slice-of-life elements are a :thumbsup: I don't mind violence. Cut 'em up. :vamp:

Thanks :) I'll get around to watching the animes you recommend in the summer, but putting them on my to-watch list now would be a great time to do so >.<

Reactions: Marc
Action and fantasy that's similar to Shakugan no Shana.. I haven't seen it yet, but I read a description and I think I understand the characters' roles, so I'd say Kaze no Stigma matches your description, sort of... maybe not storyline, heh.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuV7NbcoNy4

You do have the girl with the blazing hot sword, but the male character is no weakling >.<

Other good fantasy and action anime you may enjoy but do not fit the description :
  • Darker than Black - really loved this anime
  • Fate/Stay Night (watch first to understand Fate Zero) and Fate Zero - Fate Zero is mind blowing >.<
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index - this is the good stuff. Magic and espers.

Reactions: Neofang64 and 18
Darker than Black is a must.
I love Log Horizon, too.

Reactions: 18
Does sword art online count if so sword art online XD

Reactions: DarkDragonz87
agreed with Marc, Index all the way :thumbsup:

i dunno if its have anime or not and its kinda mismatched your description but i think Eden no ori (Cage of Eden) is a good survival action fantasy :)

Yu yu hakusho is a really great anime that matches what you are looking for, as long as you don't mind the old style graphics
Beelzebubq is also pretty good

Marc is totally right with Darker than Black and the Fate series (Unlimited Blade Works is epic). If you want something really new and sort of sci-fi with great music watch Kekkai Sensen.
Akame Ga Kill was pretty good actually and had a killer battle theme music.

Reactions: 18
Like people said, I agree with Marc. Fate Zero is mind blowing despite a somewhat boring beginning.
Darker than Black was very cool... that's the only way I would describe it.

If you don't mind something lighthearted, I would recommend Mondaiji... something. Name is too long.

Fairy Tail, Blue Exorcist, Nurarihyon no Mago (well, this one is more like ghost/spirit action rather than magic)
You'd probably watched these already, but if not, I really recommend it!
Also, people love Magi. I don't like it personally but you might :)

Reactions: 2179
Nurarihyon no mago is my fav manga in the past :3
and i read Magi recently its interesting but have some fan service in the first chap XD

Reactions: numage
Back