Adventure RPG Idea Thread

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
I want to make an Adventure RPG that anybody can join at any time. Here are some of the things that I am looking for

- Base stats (what is the min/max a person's stats can be at first, how it balances out)
- Max stats (what number should be the max, should it fluctuate depending on base stats?)
- Items (what items should we include)
- Prizes (add a bit of fun into the mix, maybe have a pot that everyone can put PC in, then at boss battles, the boss will drop PC, loot, and what not that the players that fought the boss can receive)
- Characters (What is considered OP, and what should we counter with the strengths (EX: Sans, while able to dodge a bunch, he has no HP, and can only really damage people with a lot of Karma)

When people give me Ideas, I will add them to the spoiler below, and group them up

PC usage is allowed now.

We could do base stats in a similar fashion to Pokemon. Have a base stat, and you can go up by 10X your original base stats (base attack 20, at level 100 it will be 200)

Leveling up will be also similar to Pokemon. The XP needed to level up will also be 2X as much as the last level. EX: LV 1 -> LV 2 is 100 XP, LV 2 -> LV 3 200 XP, etc.
Make sure that OCs aren't too OP, and that they are leveled in some fashion. (OCs that are already leveled up won't be allowed, however, if they are canonically skilled in an art, that is fine)
Is approved

When you reach certain milestones, you can get rewards, like Play Coins, and other things like that.
Special Events can occur every once in a while, bringing in new loot and possibly PC winning chances (approved)
*pot is approved

There will be a pot, and people can put some PC into it. When a boss comes, it will have that pot & loot based on the pot. Once the boss is defeated, the loot and the PC will be split among the people who participated in the battle (based on how much you healed other people or attacked the boss
It's simple, you select your attack, and then roll 1d10. Your accuracy is determined by what number the roll is (EX: Your accuracy is 6, meaning that if you roll from 1-6, you hit your opponent. 7+, you don't. 10 accuracy means that it will hit no matter what, no rolling needed)

If you need to roll, use this shoutbox https://nintenpedia.com/forum/chat/room/rpg-rolls.40/

Last edited:
Base/Max stats reminds me of Pokemon so if you want just go to the Smogon Damage calc and put some numbers replacing the base stats it converts them for you. Maybe some moves/stats can be custom?

How about HP and PP/MP are combined so that it's easier to keep track of stuff and it eliminates the need for Def and Atk. In that formate have a vast array of moves to use other than just 4. Otherwise, if you don't want it, maybe only have Attack and Defence and eliminate speed altogether or base priority off of the attack used.

• Informative
Reactions: Jisenku
Base/Max stats reminds me of Pokemon so if you want just go to the Smogon Damage calc and put some numbers replacing the base stats it converts them for you. Maybe some moves/stats can be custom?

How about HP and PP/MP are combined so that it's easier to keep track of stuff and it eliminates the need for Def and Atk. In that formate have a vast array of moves to use other than just 4. Otherwise, if you don't want it, maybe only have Attack and Defence and eliminate speed altogether or base priority off of the attack used.
Thanks for that! I'm adding you to a list of Contributors, also adding your input into the Ideas -> Stats Spoiler

Only problem with Smogon Damage calc is that the moves are preset, and I don't think I can make my own moves. Are you saying create my own algorithm based off of that?

With combining HP & PP, are you saying that a move would have a specific damage amount or an easily calculatable one, that way it's just really straight forward?

Last edited:
edited: added combat

Sooo... anybody want to join in for a test battle soon? Date is TBA

Reactions: phofufury
TEST

Senku

20 HP
10 Attack

Heal: heals 20 hp
Attack: deals 10/accuracy 6
Sciencey Crap: Reveals stuff about enemy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enemy

50 HP
5 attack

Attack: deals 5/accuracy 8

Senku goes in for an attack
View attachment 20025
Senku attacks enemy

Enemy -10 HP
(Enemy 40 HP)

Enemy goes in for attack
View attachment 20026
Enemy attacks Senku, but misses

Senku goes for attack
1583434580423.png
Senku attacks Enemy

Enemy -10 HP
(Enemy 30 HP)

Enemy goes for attack
1583434630983.png
Enemy attacks Senku

Senku -5 HP
Senku 10 HP

Senku goes for attack
1583434988307.png
Senku attacks, but misses

Senku is tired of this... He pulls out a sword and just slices the enemy

Enemy -999 HP
(Enemy 0 HP)

Senku wins, because he assumes that you get the point

<3

Attachments

• 1583434797450.png
    1583434797450.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 1
owo i didn't realize that i worked on this for a while lmao

Anybody want to join?

~bump~

want to see where people take this to, btw make your OCs please

Stand User: Allah PD (Public Defender) [pun on Palladium]
Stats
HP: 5
Atk: 25

Moves
Special Summon: Swaps HP and Attack if health reaches 0
Manipulate: Always goes first (regardless of stats/effects but not status effects) after using this move.
Gamble: Does damage equal to 1/3 of opponents health rounded down or basic attack whichever is highest. Cannot be used to KO.
Smile: 1 Damage

Strategy:
Only very effective with the right items equipped. Otherwise very linear.

If you want some backstory maybe later.

Stand User: Allah PD (Public Defender) [pun on Palladium]
Stats
HP: 5
Atk: 25

Moves
Special Summon: Swaps HP and Attack if health reaches 0
Manipulate: Always goes first (regardless of stats/effects but not status effects) after using this move.
Gamble: Does damage equal to 1/3 of opponents health rounded down or basic attack whichever is highest. Cannot be used to KO.
Smile: 1 Damage

Strategy:
Only very effective with the right items equipped. Otherwise very linear.

If you want some backstory maybe later.
Ooh nice OC, and not OP

Reactions: Artisan
suggestion: could we add an arena? like a pvp arena. we can also add bets to this, like pc bets and even item bets maybe. whoever wins gets the rewards.

edit: also, how do i play?

suggestion: could we add an arena? like a pvp arena. we can also add bets to this, like pc bets and even item bets maybe. whoever wins gets the rewards.

edit: also, how do i play?
PVP is something I want to avoid at all costs, I want to do team battles where we have an arena with a huge boss battle, and basically, you add stuff to the total pot, and once the battle starts, the people who heal the most or attack the most get the PC (I made it so that even if you heal, you will still be able to get some PC because you are important to the battle.)

Also this idea is so far in pre-alpha it's unreal, check the Ideas page over information on how we plan to do this.

Raid: Pedia Legends

• Funny
Reactions: phofufury and Jisenku
Back