Adventure Time: Explore The Dungeon Because I Don't Know! Reveiw

• Thread starter Iso Kilo
  • Start date
Iso Kilo

Iso Kilo

Sonic 1 Hacker
Towns Folk
We all know the successful cartoon Adventure Time, right? It's the show about an adventurous boy named Finn and his magical dog, Jake, with such a interesting series there's a good chance it would get more than just the show and Adventure Time did, it got two games, the more known game Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage? And the less known Adventure Time: Explore The Dungeon Because I Don't Know! Which I am reviewing.

Story
Princess Bubble gum asks for the aid of Finn and Jake once again because for some reason prisoners are escaping the catacombs, so Finn and Jake go down into the catacombs going deeper and deeper finding some others characters found throughout the series.

Graphics
Really I don't know what they were trying to go for, the level design is sloppy and using sprites for characters and items was trying to give us a nostalgic feel but failed, but the visuals do vary depending on what version you play.

Audio
The audio isn't as bad as the visuals but it could be better, but what really takes the cake is that they actually used the actors from the show and got them to do dialogue, but it can get annoying when you find a lot of treasure or you aren't good at the game (don't feel bad I'm bad too.) and you die a lot, so if you're playing this expect a lot of "woo-hoo's" and "oh no's".
Gameplay
This game is okay if you're a Zelda fan gameplay wise, in fact the game is kind of just a Zelda clone with Adventure Time characters. The controls feel unnatural and they are unresponsive, blocking is a joke and when you do get to block you're probably already down to a half heart. But a big feature is leveling up your stats which takes a lot of gold and considering every time you enter the catacombs you loose your gold you're going to need a lot of time and most of the game completed. And not to mention the endless supplies of glitches, there are so much glitches that would it would be enough to create an AT:ETDBIDK Glitch Encyclopedia, enemies would phase through walls, using a fire invulnerability power up over lava still hurts you and the list goes on, once I had my HUD disappear.

Overall
I do not recommend this game to anyone, really this game is good for die-hard Adventure Time fans but if you just want something to add to your game collection here's something for you, and I bet most of you wouldn't know this game if I hadn't written this review.

I give this a 2 out of 10, the story and audio is okay but the controls are clunky and stiff, and if someone new to Adventure Time were to play this they'd have a hard time figuring out what jokes from the show are being told and what's just garbage coming from their mouths.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back