AC:NH Advice for a Animal Crossing newbie?

• Thread starter Dowhat?
  • Start date
Dowhat?

Dowhat?

Slightly Concerned
Towns Folk
Over the past couple of years I have been increasingly interested in Animal Crossing. With stuff like the inclusion of Villager and Isabelle in smash, and several friends being into the series I decided to get New horizons. I know the basics about making revenue and stuff, but I still have not owned one ever.

I don't think there's much in the way of tips and tricks with a game like this. There are guides for making money or something like that, but the only advice I'll give you is to take it slow, and play the game in your own pace. There's no rush to get anything done so just chill and have fun.

Reactions: Dowhat?, Mizunil and Marc
Assuming New Horizons is similar to New Leaf for some things...

Make sure to get the following items:

- A swimsuit
So you can swim in the water. I played early-game New Leaf without one and couldn't swim :/

- A trash can
If there are perfect fruit trees, when they die, you'll get a rotten apple. The trash can will be used to dispose of 'em.

- Have at least two of each "tool" item
I heard shops stay open at night so idk if this is needed anymore, but if the tool breaks and shops are closed, you're out of luck. Again, it might be different in New Horizons.

As I've been hearing New Horizons will have crafting, maybe you should save materials you collect instead of selling them all because you may need it to craft something. I'm not sure how the crafting system works yet, but that's how it goes for crafting games I've played. It could be hell to search for an item to craft X when you sold it.

If you want a specific appearance in the game, you'll be able to use QR codes to get the clothing of what people designed. From what I've heard, QR codes from New Leaf will work in New Horizons, and there are many QR codes available on the Internet.

For example:

school uniform.jpg

So go ahead and search for specific clothing from anime characters or whatever to find 'em and use in New Horizons. If it's a popular show or anime, there's a high chance the QR code for the clothes is available on the net.

Reactions: Dowhat?
Assuming New Horizons is similar to New Leaf for some things...

Make sure to get the following items:

- A swimsuit
So you can swim in the water. I played early-game New Leaf without one and couldn't swim :/

- A trash can
If there are perfect fruit trees, when they die, you'll get a rotten apple. The trash can will be used to dispose of 'em.

- Have at least two of each "tool" item
I heard shops stay open at night so idk if this is needed anymore, but if the tool breaks and shops are closed, you're out of luck. Again, it might be different in New Horizons.

As I've been hearing New Horizons will have crafting, maybe you should save materials you collect instead of selling them all because you may need it to craft something. I'm not sure how the crafting system works yet, but that's how it goes for crafting games I've played. It could be hell to search for an item to craft X when you sold it.

If you want a specific appearance in the game, you'll be able to use QR codes to get the clothing of what people designed. From what I've heard, QR codes from New Leaf will work in New Horizons, and there are many QR codes available on the Internet.

For example:

View attachment 20134

So go ahead and search for specific clothing from anime characters or whatever to find 'em and use in New Horizons. If it's a popular show or anime, there's a high chance the QR code for the clothes is available on the net.

do note this is different then new leaf and atm Diving & swimming Are yet to be confirmed.

do note this is different then new leaf and atm Diving & swimming Are yet to be confirmed.
It's an island. It'd be stupid if they didn't include swimming haha xD

Reactions: Alex
it would be really dumb, but for some reason i wouldn't put it past them. At the same time, I'm really looking forward to swimming so I hope it's there in some capacity.

They don't have God damn gyroids though, which I was super excited to collect. They better add them in.

Seems like some reviewers said they haven't encountered swimming yet and u'll think Nintendo would put it behind embargo since they kept it secret so well. We just have to wait and see I suppose.

Back