Advice for playing Fire Emblem Fates Conquest on hard

• Thread starter Nicholas Benjamin
  • Start date
Nicholas Benjamin

Nicholas Benjamin

Aura Guardian
Towns Folk
Ok so my friend wanted me to play conquest on hard mode I don't know what to expect but I want to prepare I know that you have limited gold and exp but I need some advice for this this is my first time playing conquest

Watch out for giant Lobster named Ryoma. He scary, and probably ended too many missions for me in my playthough.
I also recommend that you only level up the units that matter the most, such as Corrin and Azura for the most part. The game doesn't feel like it's limited gold and exp early on, so try taking advantage of that, and once you reach later points in the game (around chapter 12 or further) the game starts to show you it's wrath, so be prepared for that.

Reactions: Marc
In addition to what N said, don't waste items on characters you know you'll never use. If you plan to use classes with three weapon choices (eg. great knight), the arms scroll will benefit 'em much more than other characters. Remember, you're not going to have "challenges" like in Birthright, so leveling your weapon proficiency is going to be quiet the task.

In my playthrough, the only way I got to make Mozu a sniper and leveled up her weapon proficiency to C (so far, but I'm aiming for A) is because I used the Boo Camp DLC for EXP. Without DLC, you could never do that late-game.

Try to avoid losing any of your royals as well. They'll be helpful in the long-run, including Elise (she has a dangerous magic stat).

Besides what N and Marc said, I suggest using the Royals as your go-to characters, without DLC grinding they are some of the most efficient units in each route.

Do not use Azura for combat, instead, make her keep Singing, since it gives her experience and gives the character she Sings to another turn, hopefully a more combat oriented character.

I haven't played conquest before but I did play birthright. Use the pair up ability to your will. A strategy called Double Advancing lets a character go farther like in this photo.
556bdffb63d76f.jpg
But what do I know I suck at this game.

Back