Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity: Easy weapon level up& character exp

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
there are quite a few tips out there for power levelling your characters and weapons, but i thought id share my own personal way of going about it. its actually very easy to level up your weapons, its easily possible to have a lv 25-30 weapon before your character that needs powering up gets very high levelled for wherever you are in-game, especially post story. getting a new character going can be a bit of a doozy sometimes so to speak, especially with typically very weak vanilla weapons (especially later on this isnt very effective. timed sub missions can easily clock out with vanilla weapons even if youre pretty decent at the game and rarely die like myself). this can be annoying to deal with since some maps force you to bring specific characters, but i found a very simple hint so hopefully less get worn out from this kind of grind.

so for the weapons, i do what i like to call the "disposable seal method". all you do is beat any easy sub mission that you can game quickly enough with little problems (preferrably mid-level ones that make you fight very few weak enemies or a few bosses that dont pose many problems for your skill level and your character's overall strength), then just grind it until you drop any weapon that has a seal called "fusion exp +???%". from here its extremely easy; all you do now is fuse a bunch of weapons that have seals you dont need into it and then fuse it with the weapon you actually want to level up. its much faster and easier to level cap weapons like this, even the high end ones. you might be wondering, why throw all these seals onto this instead of the weapon i need straight away? well the answer isnt much harder to give. if you do that instead of this with a bunch of random or near useless seals, your weapon wont be very well optimized even at max level and youll end up having to use the remove all seals option later on to remove messy seal spreads that arent very useful for your playstyle or mid battle needs. its easier to avoid this than to have to fix it repeatedly which can burn through your resources surprisingly fast if you arent careful. If you combine a weapon with fusion exp seal to your desired weapon, none of the seals on this fusion exp weapon will be passed on to whatever you combine it with. this makes things much easier as you can just gem a common seal like monster part drop rate to boost the fusion exp effect and still power up your weapon without giving your main weapon an awkward or very poor seal effect spread. this also gives any weapon massive weapon exp if you do this which is an indispensible time saver.

if you do this, your character can still gain quite a few levels so being underlevelled isnt a big concern if youre patient enough with your weapon farming (i got great fairy to lv 80 just weapon grinding and killing almost all the mobs on blood moons so i can safely confirm this). if youre far enough into the game, always take advantage of easy blood moon maps that occasionally show up. theyll give you plenty good weapons and very easy exp as well. All you do now is use that fusion exp seal and you can level up your needed weapon and keep it strong so you can drop the desired weapon seals to use those free open slots =) this should even help on early game, any sub mission seems to work but some might give less loot than others so just try different ones and observe to find the fastest and most efficient maps possible. if youre very late game, i personally like to use the sub mission called hunting for gemstones to grind my weapons and seals until a good blood moon appears. all there are is 3 talus enemies, two regular stone talus and one malice igneo talus. any stone talus boss is extremely slow acting, so it should even be easy for the less skilled and lower equipped. you cant use apples or rods, but that shouldnt be an issue since any talus has very low mobility and attack very slowly. dodging in any way should rarely be a problem, so dont be afraid to try using this quest if it appeared for you. also gives pretty good rupees too

Reactions: Gram
[bump because missing edit button (again...)] :

i forgot to write this, but between blood moon maps you can just spam the sub mission "coliseum: beginner" to quickly net weapon seals ane get plenty of rupees as well. it can easily be done in 30 seconds or less making it quick work when you only need faster seals. if you can, also use the weapon quality seal, but if you dont have it do not fret, its purely optional (and seems pretty rare overall) and a 30 second map makes it skippable.

now, i see a lot of people saying to do "hair width trial: beginner" for fast rupees, but i personally think a lv 30 boss rush is a lot easier and much less annoying due to the very dumb rule the hair width trials have. also, one basic talus and hinox should even be easy work for the newer players or non-end game ones. im not a fan of hair width trials, they have the dumbest rule in the game and this is why i never used that one for the money.

another optional thing, but if you have the dubious food recipe you can use that as well if youre short on cash. the bosses are very weak in this map so the health penalty shouldnt matter. it wont affect seals, but it gives you 1K rupees on this map if you do it quickly enough. youll want the money for all that weapon crafting and to drop the desired seals quickly, so thats why im adding this here.

Back