• Thread starter Pok_E 16
  • Start date
Pok_E 16

Pok_E 16

Restricted user
Towns Folk
Should this game really be a 12 after all it does have blood and animal abuse in it i mean like what have the poor dragons done to anyone as far asi am aware we are the monsters how could they even call it animal hunter all they did was get some inecent creatures and named them monsters for an escuse for killing them

Are you suggesting they raise the rating? It's just a little violence. And I wouldn't call it animal abuse. The monsters have destroyed people's homes, caravans, lives and injured many. They've done lots to people.

I agree with Raptor, but also, have you ever played the Frontier or the G series? The monsters there are way too brutal! Trust me, they are NOT animals, they ARE monsters! If you think monsters like Jhren Mohran which attacks everything in the dessert and the town of Loc Lac, having destroyed it 2 times (as explained in game), Ceadeus trying to sink the entire Moga Island or Dire Miralis having a body so much hotter than magma that melts everything around it, are cute little animals that should not be slain, then I dare you to go pet them! If they don't eat you first...

Reactions: Iridium Winter
Not to mention fatalis. OHKO with even G-Rank armor...

Not to mention fatalis. OHKO with even G-Rank armor...

Actually, not to mention Lao and Ashao Lao! Those two are as big as a city! I'll be waiting for them at the fortress...

Actually, not to mention Lao and Ashao Lao! Those two are as big as a city! I'll be waiting for them at the fortress...
Dalamadur can destroy earth's surface with a single twitch.

Dalamadur can destroy earth's surface with a single twitch.

Go play Frontier 9 and G8, the main elder dragon there has a minimum of forty players limit just to challenge him, because he's HUGE!

No matter the rating of a game, kids 'underage' will play always play them. It's up to the kids' parents/guardian(s) as to whether or not the content of a game is suitable for them. If Osha has a problem with things that happen in Monster Hunter to the point where he would make a thread about it, then it's obviously not suitable for him. After all, slaying a monster is not animal abuse lol.

Reactions: Iridium Winter
Not to ignore the fact that MonHun as a series is violent in nature and can be off putting to some, but I consider its violence to be tame in comparison to what constitutes a "T" or "Pegi 12" rating in many other games. The blood is minimal, and the weapons used are often very cartoon-esque.

As far as animal abuse, the vast majority of what you hunt in the series is done so out of necessity, whether it be for self defence or for resources. That being said, however, sometimes players kill helpless "Kelbi", or this game's version of deer, just because they were there. However, the same could be said for the Mario, Sonic, Pokemon, and other "E" rated series. That, however, opens up a can of worms I'd prefer left untouched for now. :p

And, as was previously stated, parents are the deciding factor as to whether or not their child plays the game. Many parents ignore the ESRB and Pegi rating system entirely, giving 6 year olds COD for their birthdays. Again, a can of worms.

TL;DR? This is a problem that has long been discussed and debated since the conception of video games as a medium and is present in, though not specific to, Monster Hunter.

Reactions: Tho
PEGI have an appalling rating system in my opinion...judging by the way they usually work I'd expect MH4U to be PEGI 16...I definitely respect ESRB, they have a decent rating system, but PEGI'S is shocking. And relating more to the subject I guess Monster Hunter is fine at PEGI 12 (T). And PEGI have rated a Monster Hunter game PEGI 16 before, Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii. :woot:

Back