Moon/Sun Alola Map Analysis

• Thread starter Morimoto
  • Start date
Morimoto

Morimoto

Pokemon Trainer
Towns Folk
TR6GhEx.jpg

1. The giant floating thing in the center. Two words: Battle Frontier.
2. If you look closely in the mountain in Hilo Island, there appears to be a stone platform. The second Pokemon trailer (starters) contained the legendaries on a stone platform.
3. Niihau standing out. Must have some importance. Path to Victory Road? Extension to the Hawaiian Leeward Islands?
ZwMhTS7.jpg

A close up of Oahu shows a small town with two houses and a larger one. Take note of the T-junction.
(
)
This is the Japanese trailer for Trainer Hau, presumed to be the player rival.
He appears to meet you at the T-junction from the town, as if telling the player to wait.
To further prove my statement, you can see a town to its east, with a wooden stage. Similar to the one shown at the starter reveal trailer.
village.jpg

It appears to be the place where you get your Pokemon.
In short, the town near Honolulu is the player hometown, with lab, while the town with the wooden platform is where you first get your Pokemon. A coming-of-age ritual where you receive Pokemon?

5. Water formations in what is to be Molokai.
6. Giant tree in Kauai.
7. Desert near Mauna Loa.
8. The main islands are connected with ferries, not Surf. But Surf is used within these islands.

Look at the cloud in the top left. looks like something? Thats right. Ho-oh Confirm! also, I swear there is a pokemon in the water. Screenshot_2016-06-02-21-56-29.pngthere looks like there is a pokemon in the water!
Also, Unless there are there are two gyms on each island, There will possibly be traveling to old regions!

This looks like a region whereby lots of Surfing (or by Boat) will be involved :p Perhaps there will be lots of places underwater that could be accessed by Dive or some other way. Overall it doesn't look like much but maybe when the game comes out it'll prove otherwise.

This looks like a region whereby lots of Surfing (or by Boat) will be involved :p Perhaps there will be lots of places underwater that could be accessed by Dive or some other way. Overall it doesn't look like much but maybe when the game comes out it'll prove otherwise.
HOENN CONFIRMED

Most of the places that are usually places where you can surf (beaches, for example), appear to be blocked by stones. So there wont likely be extensive surfing.

Unless there are there are two gyms on each island, There will possibly be traveling to old regions!
The number of towns in the regions seem sufficient.
Kauai - 2 towns
Oahu - 3 towns
Maui - 3 towns
Hilo - 3 towns
But there is still that hotel thingy shown in the initial Sun/Moon trailer that looks like the Raffles Hotel in Singapore.
Maybe there will be another region for the post-game content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering how there are 8 main islands irl and how many towns each of the 4 announced total, I think that not only are there enough locations to fit the gyms but also that at least one more of the islands will be added for post-game! I don't like the absence of extensive surfing, but if you think about it, it makes sense considering how rough the sea is when out in the open, so I don't really mind! Also, I actually don't want dive to be heavily used, but just for a little exploring. There are many spots that look Diveable in the map, but not too many, which is good. However, I want them to make Rock Climb a HM again, as it looks it can be put to some really good use with the terrain!

I've been thinking about something for a while by the way, from how the Poke Centers are distributed, there is a really high chance that the Pokemon League and / or Victory Road will be at the top of that icy mountain! I mean, there's even a stadium-like structure nearby and a large building that resembles the Hoenn one too! Finally, this may just be a rough sketch or a scaled version, as the actual region feels like it will be much larger than this!

If there is 8 Islands irl, but there are four missing, either you get another map for 4 new islands, or possibly The Legendary of you game Reveals 4 Islands. (If Lunala, It lowers the tide to reveal the islands. if Solgaleo, it evaporates water to show the islands). Or nintendo is gonna add DLC for the extra islands.

If there is 8 Islands irl, but there are four missing, either you get another map for 4 new islands, or possibly The Legendary of you game Reveals 4 Islands. (If Lunala, It lowers the tide to reveal the islands. if Solgaleo, it evaporates water to show the islands). Or nintendo is gonna add DLC for the extra islands.
NO DLC IN POKEMON!:mad: If Nintendo ever does that I'm giving up Pokemon for good! Even if it's free DLC like in Monster Hunter, I still don't want that! If they don't give us a complete game right from the start, I'll seriously stop playing! Just the thought of that outrages me! Don't ever mention DLC and anything Pokemon-related in the same sentence ever again!

Looks like a great region. Wonder what other legendaries there will be but hey ho oh is a possibility. I really do hope u get surf early on with all those islands I'd say surf or fly will be used alot.

Looks like a great region. Wonder what other legendaries there will be but hey ho oh is a possibility. I really do hope u get surf early on with all those islands I'd say surf or fly will be used alot.
I don't want Fly to be used a lot, mainly because that will cause the annoying trend of having to backtrack to continue! Fly should be left for post game as a quick means to get around and that's it! As for Surf, I'm pretty sure you will get it by the time you challenge the 3rd Gym, since that's when most areas where you can Surf seem to start appearing!

The third main island in Alola seems to be a fusion of Maui, Molokai, Kahoolawe and Lanai.

The third main island in Alola seems to be a fusion of Maui, Molokai, Kahoolawe and Lanai.
Then that means we are still missing one island! That makes it possible to have that as a post game location with extra story!

NO DLC IN POKEMON!:mad: If Nintendo ever does that I'm giving up Pokemon for good! Even if it's free DLC like in Monster Hunter, I still don't want that! If they don't give us a complete game right from the start, I'll seriously stop playing! Just the thought of that outrages me! Don't ever mention DLC and anything Pokemon-related in the same sentence ever again!

I'm pretty sure Gamefreak has said that they hate DLC, making DLC in Pokemon unlikely.

I sure hope you're right about the Battle Frontier. It's been so long since we've had one, and now that I'm a competitive battler, I might stand a chance.

Also, wouldn't it be a treat if we could go to the Sevii Islands postgame?

I'm pretty sure Gamefreak has said that they hate DLC, making DLC in Pokemon unlikely.

I sure hope you're right about the Battle Frontier. It's been so long since we've had one, and now that I'm a competitive battler, I might stand a chance.

Also, wouldn't it be a treat if we could go to the Sevii Islands postgame?
Why is everyone obsessed with the Sevii Islands? Sure, they were nice, but they are part of Kanto! Kanto is based on the real world Kanto region and Alola is based on Hawaii! It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to include them in Sun/Moon! As for battle frontier, in my post I only said post game, like how we got the Delta Episode in OR/AS! I don't consider "Battle" facilities post game, but rather a side-attraction to the post game when you have nothing else to do (Pokemon Emerald doesn't count though)! However, it's clear that the island-looking area in the sea in the middle of the map is probably going to be another "Battle" facility and judging by it's size, it may actually be a Battle Frontier!

Why is everyone obsessed with the Sevii Islands? Sure, they were nice, but they are part of Kanto! Kanto is based on the real world Kanto region and Alola is based on Hawaii! It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to include them in Sun/Moon! As for battle frontier, in my post I only said post game, like how we got the Delta Episode in OR/AS! I don't consider "Battle" facilities post game, but rather a side-attraction to the post game when you have nothing else to do (Pokemon Emerald doesn't count though)! However, it's clear that the island-looking area in the sea in the middle of the map is probably going to be another "Battle" facility and judging by it's size, it may actually be a Battle Frontier!

Technically, the Sevii Islands aren't part of Kanto, they're outside of any region. Just like they would be if included in the game, outside of the Alola region.

Anyone else see the boat by the man made island? S.S. Anne (Maybe) Confirmed

Technically, the Sevii Islands aren't part of Kanto, they're outside of any region. Just like they would be if included in the game, outside of the Alola region.
Anyone else see the boat by the man made island? S.S. Anne (Maybe) Confirmed
Literally every region besides Kalos has it's own boat! SS. Anne and the Seagallop Ferries are for Kanto, SS. Aqua is for Johto, SS. Tidal is for Hoenn, SS. Spiral (aka SS. Sinnoh) is for Sinnoh and Royal Unova is for Unova! We will most likely be getting a new one to fit this region and for your information, the Sevii Island ARE close to the Kanto region, just not part of it and ARE based on the real world Izu and Bonin Islands, which are part of Tokyo prefecture, which is part of the real world Kanto region! Now, for the love of god, stop saying to include Japanese areas in Hawaii! That couldn't make any less sense, considering that in order to even reach them you will have to ferry across the entire Pacific, which is basically impossible!

Back