SSB Am I the only one who kinda misses being a casual?

• Thread starter Mira
  • Start date
Mira

Mira

The Most Boring Person On Earth
Towns Folk
When I played Smash Bros Brawl, I was a nooby 11 year old lol but I had a lot of fun, I didn't care about being good or pro or whatever. But I had to admit seeing some of those players did inspire me.

Now with Smash 4, when I first got it, I was of course, terrible at it. Kinda nooby but not too much since I know how the game plays. After 3 days of playing it I was a casual level. I had a lot of fun being casual tbh.

Then I became interested in competitive types later on.

I searched up Jtails' guide on both Kirby and Toon Link and watched the entire thing. After that video and a few times playing, I got better and better, and even started a few of my own combo strategy thing.

It was nice for a few months, showing off your new skills and felt proud of learning this. Then after even more months, I started to regret it. Why? I don't really know, I just kinda miss being casual. I mean I can't really be a casual again because I know strageties and combos and stuff. I always think of what to do next, something I didn't do when I was casual. I tried to change the controls on my gamepad/3DS hoping that would help. It kinda work, but not really, because you know, I know combos and strategies and stuff.

I dunno, at times I wish I could return to being a casual, but also would like to improve.

Last edited:
I play casual every now and then

I still play casually. Even though I know a lot of combos with different characters and a lot of the other mechanics I'm still not a real pro. (people like Sans rekt me every time xD). Back then when I played Brawl, it was great and really fun even though I was pretty terrible at it, but I consider all that I've improved in Smash4 to be better than that :p

Reactions: WaddleDeeGamer and Mira
I mean to a degree yes. Back when I played brawl at my friends house when we were like 12 no one knew who meta night was no one got to be over powered and no one used snake. We played with items on and didn't care. We had a legitimate fun time and that's what smash is supposed to be a fun time.

Reactions: Mira
I'm casual with some characters, pro with others. For example, with Kirby, I know most combos, how to,easily defeat someone, but with some like MegaMan, I'm sorta good with him but I'll probably lose most matches about him, and I know barely anything about him. But yeah, I do miss being a casual sometimes.

Reactions: Mira
If you want to go back to casual, all you have to do is play DK with items on picto chat, its as easy as that :rotfl:

I find it hard to not play competitively on any game mode I play. Smash Run, All-Star, Classic. Hell, even if I play against Lvl. 1 bots, I will proceed to destroy them all. Given that I have not spent too much time on Smash Bros and watching For Glory guides, I'd probably would've been the newbie I was when I was new to Smash, albeit slightly better.

I still do play casually. I was never really into the competitive scene, so I just play games casually 99.9% of the time. On the occasion I do want to play competitively, I know the options are there for me to do so, so I'm not overly bothered. I just don't go out of my way to practice for a competitive environment that I know I'm not going to be particularly interested in and will still walk into a competitive environment with the mindset that I'm doing it for fun.

Reactions: 24460
I miss playing casual, back in Melee I sucked at it but as I started maining Marth I got to the point where I forgot about casual play and when Brawl came out I eased back into casual by starting to main Pit but I got back into competitive play days later then when Smash 4 came out I again eased back into casual and stayed there for 1 year but then I went to a tournament and went right back to competitive play. Basically with me at least you either go into the mindset of casual or you have the mindset of competitive play but the two styles of play are interchangeable with each other depending on how you like to play so do I miss playing casual? Yes a lot, but I feel that playing competitive has opened some doors.

I dislike playing competitively, I want to have fun, not to limit the scope of the game over "omg theez eez so OP pls ban"

I like items, regular stages, customs, high damage ratios, everything, really. If they put the options there, it's because they are to be used, not to be swept aside and calling those who use them skrubs or noobs.

When I played Smash Bros Brawl, I was a nooby 11 year old lol but I had a lot of fun, I didn't care about being good or pro or whatever. But I had to admit seeing some of those players did inspire me.

Now with Smash 4, when I first got it, I was of course, terrible at it. Kinda nooby but not too much since I know how the game plays. After 3 days of playing it I was a casual level. I had a lot of fun being casual tbh.

Then I became interested in competitive types later on.

I searched up Jtails' guide on both Kirby and Toon Link and watched the entire thing. After that video and a few times playing, I got better and better, and even started a few of my own combo strategy thing.

It was nice for a few months, showing off your new skills and felt proud of learning this. Then after even more months, I started to regret it. Why? I don't really know, I just kinda miss being casual. I mean I can't really be a casual again because I know strageties and combos and stuff. I always think of what to do next, something I didn't do when I was casual. I tried to change the controls on my gamepad/3DS hoping that would help. It kinda work, but not really, because you know, I know combos and strategies and stuff.

I dunno, at times I wish I could return to being a casual, but also would like to improve.
last time i was a casual i was 4.

I still play casual, in fact I almost always play casual xD
I'm not much of a good or skilled player I jut play for the fun of it

Back