Amiibo Functionality?

• Thread starter 423
  • Start date

Content at Heart
Towns Folk
Do you think that the NX will support amiibo, or will amiibo only be a 3DS/WiiU thing?

Manufacturing so many amiibo would kind of be a waste of money if they weren't intended to work on anything more than 3DS and Wii U games/apps. I'm thinking amiibo will be most useful on the NX; I dunno exactly how, but I have a strong feel about it. Nintendo was already planning to include more amiibo involvement into their games, if I'm not mistaken. One of my hopes is that there's some sort of amiibo data storage concept that lets you use an amiibo for more than one game without having to erase anything (ex: both Sm4sh and Ultra Smash amiibo data in a single figure). Anything to do with the NX supporting amiibo would make me a happy camper, lol.

Though I can't really guarantee any significant effects if amiibos were to work for the Nintendo NX, but it's only logical that it will support functionality in one way or the other. Being able to store amiibo data is a really good idea since the amiibo concpt is pretty restrictive :\

Yep. I really hope Nintendo will find some sort of way to make amiibo more interactive with their games; even if it's something as simple as 'earn tons of points in the Loyalty Program for scanning your amiibo on a monthly basis' or something like that. Nintendo's Amiibo functionality for most games is somewhat shortsighted, but hopefully that will all change with their entirely New conXept. >P<

Well, for the most part making the amiibo to only work on 3ds and Wii U would be a waste for both Nintendo and the consumer. I feel all the old amiibos should be able to work on the NX and work with upcoming NX titles as well, since Nintendo worked to making amiibos popular among its fans.

I hope so. It would be a wastes of resources if Amiibo wasn't compatible with the NX. Nintendo will find a way. Lets just wait for now. Crossing my fingers that it does.

Amiibo haven't been around for too long, and seeing how popular they've been, I doubt Nintendo would drop them when the NX comes out. I personally don't own any amiibos, but if the NX has cool enough amiibo features, then I might pick me up a nice Luigi one or something :p We'll have to see what our future holds!

Well, we know that Wolf Link's amiibo will be compatible with BotW, so K highly doubt they'll remove that function for the NX version and leave it Wii U only.

Amiibo have become a big part in Nintendo's market, so it will most likely have amiibo functionality.

The part about the storage though, I doubt it as NFC partitions have limited memory, so I don't think it will be possible to carry multiple save data on a single one

It would be a really stupid idea in my opinion if the NX didn't include Amiibo support. I think around 27 million Amiibo figures have been sold since they starting selling, and people still buy Amiibo. Amiibo's make money, and not including support for them would make a lot of customers angry because they can't use what they bought. I'm pretty sure that the NX will have amiibo support.

If we consider that we are still seeing new amiibo, and that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will use its own amiibo plus previous ones, it is more than obvious the NX will be compatible with them.

Lets no forget we are still missing Smash Bros. amiibo, including Cloud Strife and Bayonetta.

I'm almost 100% sure Nintendo will continue the amiibo concept onto NX they have such a great idea to enhance gameplay with amiibo! And i had an idea! if the NX does have amiibo compatibility could it send amiibo data to a 3ds? So imagine you and your friend ok your playing on your new 3ds and your at a real hard part on a boss fight, he could tap a amiibo what could fight for you, all he would have to do is get a menu up and point it to his new 3ds and boom it comes up on the game and helps him

Nintendo doesn't seem to be stopping on their Amiibo concept, even with the NX being montha away. This means the NX would most likely have amiibo functionality. You could sort of bring in data fom your previous games to the NX or something like that. If that happens, that would be quite cool!

Still, I think you would need a separate gadget to track the Amiibo, since I doubt they would include it on their controller. They might put it on their screen if they have one on the controller. Else, players would need a gadget similar to the one on the old 3ds.

It would be foolish not to, and with Breath of the Wild's Amiibo compatibility it's pretty good chances that it will. As for how, if it's a mobile/home console cross than I think it'll have the NFC touchscreen like the New 3DS.

I doubt they will cease to continue ammibo. You know, one of their most successful things ever. Since it's successful they will probably continue it and incorporate it into the NX somehow. Though I can almost quite certainly say that amiibo will continue on with the NX and, depending on its success, future Nintendo consoles.

I would love to see Nintendo support amiibos on the NX, it would make me so happy :)

Back