Amiibo:Super Smash Bros. VS Super Mario

• Thread starter T-Player Guy
  • Start date
T-Player Guy

T-Player Guy

Always think positively!
Towns Folk
It's already known the amiibo have taken over their place in the market,and also on many people's shelves(and wallets :panda:),and so far,three series of amiibo have been released,incluiding those from Super Smash Bros.,Super Mario and just recently,Splatoon,and in the upcoming future,there will be more of them,like from Yoshi's Wooly World.About two months ago as of this post,the Super Mario line-up included character amiibo portraits of Mario,Luigi,Peach,Yoshi,Bowser,and the only unique one of the bunch,Toad.While the Smash amiibo are more realistic and serious on a side,the Super Mario line is more friendly and cartoony on the other side,and just so you have an idea,here's what the Smash Mario and the Super Mario Bowser looks like in reality(I don't have a Super Mario/Smash version of the current amiibo I have related to Mario,so this is the nearest I could do to a comparison between the two line-ups for now):

image.jpg

While we're at it,even the packeging of the two are noticible different:

image.jpg

image.jpg

So,what is your favorite of the two line-ups,or which character do you prefer from one line-up to another?Leave your thoughts below. :thumbsup:

I prefer the Smash lineup, mostly because they're based on the actually smash art that's used in the games. Plus painting the amiibos with the smash series seems much more legit than painting the super mario ones (because smash alts). Plus the smash amiibos just seem far more appealing than the super mario ones, and they do more in the games (in my opinion). So I think smash amiibos far outclass super mario amiibos (exception for MP10) for their wide usage and customs.

I prefer the Smash Line up, since there is a lot to choose from. You can pretty much get any Smash character out there that is released. Also it is just like the character trophy from the game. The Super Mario amiibos don't appeal that much, since ot looks a bit too dull with the box cover.

Huh. I almost forgot they focused on a Mario amiibo series once, other than exclusively Smash like they tend to do nowadays. To me knowledge, the Mario amiibo were mostly limited to the Wii U party game, not sure about outside of that. I don't believe they even have any functionality in the Switch game either. At least, not to my knowledge, I haven't looked into it but I believe they would've bought back the series if that was the case and focused on it a little again.

I believe there was a Fire Emblem series as one point, too. Not sure about Pokemon... Zelda, maybe, I know we got one for Breath of the Wild specifically. In fact, I believe BotW might've been the last time they ever focused on a series of amiibo outside of Smash, or at least to my knowledge.

As for Mario, guess that came and went. So in terms of longevity, and overall usefulness, I'd say Smash are objectively better. They're essentially the same but with different models. Personally, I kind of liked the charm the Mario series had compared to the gritty aesthetic of Smash, but it doesn't exactly matter much. To me, what's most important is that they work, I believe only collectors care about the look of the figure other than obvious quality differences.

Back