Amiibo Tips To Cure Bad Habits

• Thread starter Zukrad
  • Start date
Zukrad

Zukrad

Just spam F-Air in the neutral and hope it works.
Towns Folk
Well, I recently got a Villager amiibo, I trained to level 50 and he is very good, but then, for some reason, he started to doing stupid things... like:

-Spamming D-Smash (Like 5 times in a row, when he was far away from me!!!)
-Spamming Grabs
-Being not agressive at all
-Using Smash attacks when no one is close
-Doing the wrong move (Using U-Smash when the opponent is in front of him)
-Shielding/Rolling too much
-Staying too much in the ledge to wait for me to come back
-Being poorly accurate with his moves
-Not teching

and the worst of all
-LITERALLY DOING NOTHING, JUST STARING AT ME, WAITING SO I DO SOMETHING

This was the third time i have reseted him... so instead of reseting him again, I tried to train him to cure these bad, so I created a series of training sesions, and so far have worked really well!!!

These training methods were used in the 3DS version, so they work in both Wii U and 3DS, and I have only tested them in level 50 Amiibo

So here... THE ULTIMATE AMIIBO TRAINING SESION!!

I ) The Flag Training

Smashpic300rretjykuk6rjkkjr6jewjwuj4wjw4j4.jpg

Fighters:

1: Amiibo in Training
2: You

Rules:

Stage: Any Omega Stage
Time: 2-3 minutes
Damage Ratio: 0.5
Objects: Only the Rally-X Flag

The first time is always funny, because they don't know what to do with the flag by default, so they just trow it trying to do damage or something XD

Once they learn what the flag does, is where the training begins.

The amiibo notices that if he does nothing to attack you, he will eventually lose, so he starts attacking you.

Doing this 4-5 times should be enough

This help erasing the following bad habits:

-Doing the wrong move

II ) I Won't Move, I Told You!!

Smashpic300stjyrytehjykjy55tu6ywrhteejyr6k75u56u.jpg

Fighters:

2: AFK player (A heavy character like DK or Dedede is perfect)

Rules:

Stage: A really big stage
Stocks: 10 Stocks

This works kinda similar to the last one, the opponent is just standing there, doing nothing, while the amiibo need to attack him so he can win.

The best moment to do this is after the last training, and with a single time is enough

-Doing the wrong move

III ) Hit Him If You DARE!!!

smash_bros_wii_u_mario_vs_bowser.jpg

(Shotout to Kramburger for discovering this method)

Fighters:

Team 1: Amiibo in Training (Handicap 300%)
Team 2: Lv 9 CPU
Team 2: Lv 9 CPU
Team 2: Lv 1 CPU (Handicap 300%)

Rules:

Time: 2 min

With this method, your amiibo will try to go after the level 1 and kill him, to compensate the points he loses against the lvl 9 CPU

A better explanation
http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-train-your-amiibo-to-be-more-aggressive.397613/

You can do this training at anytime

-Spamming moves
-Staying too much in the ledge to wait for me to come back

IV ) The Worst Team Ever

maxresdefault.jpg

Fighters:

Team 1: Amiibo in Training (Handicap 300%)
Team 1: Amiibo in Training/ Lv 9 CPU (Handicap 300%)
Team 1: Amiibo in Training/ Lv 9 CPU (Handicap 300%)
Team 2: Lv 1 CPU

Rules:

Time: 2-3 min
Team Attack: On
SD Penalty: -2

Watching this was one of the funniest thing I have ever done in Sm4sh XD

All the amiibo want to kill the lv 1 CPU so bad that they start killing each other accidentaly. This makes them thing twice before doing a move away from the opponent

I would reccomend you to do this about 15-20 times, and then re-do III ) just in case

-Spamming moves
-Edgeguarding poorly

V ) No Mistakes Please

Fighters:

Team 1: Amiibo in Training (Handicap 50 - 100%)

Team 1: You
Team 2: Another Human Player / Lv 7 - 8 CPU

Rules:

Time: 10 min
Team Attack: On

This is simple, just stay near your amiibo while he fights another player, wait until he does a move you don't want him to do (Like using a certain attack or shielding to much) and punish him reallly hard
I would recommend you to use a character DIFFERENT from your amiibo that knows a shield breaking move.
Also, try to make sure that the human player hets hit by the move you want your amiibo to use

You can do this training at anytime

-Spamming moves
-Doing the wrong move
-Edgeguarding poorly

VI ) Tech-Fest

SSB4_Mega_Man_Tech.gif

Fighters:

2: You

Rules:

Time: 5 minutes

This is simple, just get hit and tech EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

Keep doing this until your amiibo eventually starts to teching consistenly

-Not Teching

And that's are all my tips, I hope you enjoyed reading and this guide becomes helpfull in some way

Seeya!!!

Reactions: 423, fireworkdragon, 3905 and 1 other person
Give me a B
Give me a U
Give me a M
Give me a P

What does it say?!

BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!!!

This looks Really thorough =)

I'll have to try it on my ZSS amiibo (for some reason every 3 battles she just stands there and spams U-Smash)

Edit: also why do some amiibo spam side d out of the blue?

like my dr mario amiibo Which i never used cape against will just spam cape

like my dr mario amiibo Which i never used cape against will just spam cape

Oooh, well, you can use methods III and V ;)

Personally, when I buy amiibo, I just have them do idiotic things. Like I have one that just does nothi but taunt, and I tried teaching another one to just repeatedly suicide, though it seems it doesn't learn bad habits of the players. Sure, that might be cheating trying to purposefully make the amiibo stupid so I can easily destroy them, but who cares? I'm the one buying them after all :p

Personally, when I buy amiibo, I just have them do idiotic things. Like I have one that just does nothi but taunt, and I tried teaching another one to just repeatedly suicide, though it seems it doesn't learn bad habits of the players. Sure, that might be cheating trying to purposefully make the amiibo stupid so I can easily destroy them, but who cares? I'm the one buying them after all :p

That is because how amiibos learn, they see what works for them.

For example, if my amiibo kills mi with his F-Smash, he is going to thing "Hey, I killed him, I must use that move again!!"

And if you SD, the game usually thinks that the opponent killed you, with the last move he used to damage you.

For example, my amiibo used a jab against me, and I self destructed, the game counts it as if they killed you with the jab, and the amiibo thinks "I killed him with the jab, I must do that again"

The amiibos don't learn about what do you dou, they learn what works for you, and what works for them. so if you are using fox for example, and you killed yourself with Side-B of the stage, the amiibo will think "Well that killed him, I should not do that off the stage"

Oh nice! My yoshi had a problem with spamming down air all the time and it got punished by everything for doing it. I tried method III and it took him a while until he realised and actually won the 5th match. Hes stopped using as much down air and is now more consistent with attacks... apart from the fact that now he tries to air camp with his up b whenever he's in the air because of PTSD from landing and dying almost immediately.. I'm just gonna try fighting him a load and use up b as minimal as possible..
.And to stay a lot more grounded...

And also, how do I get him to fast fall after being launched. I always fast fall and he can as well in combos or whatever, just never when launched by an opponent specifically. I dont get it.

Last edited:
I always thought the best training was mirror matches with a human trainer. That way they know every situation where a move works. Even though "learning" could be overstating it. In actuality they just copy the move used, without context, even if it's bad in most situations like Pit Up B for example. I swear that thing was way better when it was first at Level 50 than now after playing games with multiple characters.

Back