Amiibos are not Region locked!

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
Finally! Something not region locked!

IGN recently confirmed that Amiibos will not be region locked. Therefore Amiibos will work in any region!

What are your thoughts on this?

I hope if this goes well, Nintendo will unlock their games.

More coverage for Amiibos coming up soon!

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I think it will be helpful for people who own multiple systems of different region. (Not me of course!)

I have a question.. What is Amiibos?

I think it is a good start for a non-region locked games. Hope they will continue to produce games that are not region-locked.
I really want to play some Japanese game and thanks to the region lock, I couldn't! and I don't want to buy multiple systems :(

I have a question.. What is Amiibos?

I think it is a good start for a non-region locked games. Hope they will continue to produce games that are not region-locked.
I really want to play some Japanese game and thanks to the region lock, I couldn't! and I don't want to buy multiple systems :(
Amiibos are little figures you can use across games, Nintendo Skylanders so to speak:
Amiibo_Group.jpg

Reactions: numage
Amiibos are little figures you can use across games, Nintendo Skylanders so to speak:
Amiibo_Group.jpg

Well, I researched a bit but still not quite understand. It seems really cool though.

Well this definitely puts Amiibo in the intense gamer section. Allowing people with the foreign game and system to bring some data over if not all of it in order to get rewards of not having to play over things again or perhaps just to get rid of confusion for the Amiibo and to make them cheaper. Guess that means region lock won't be broken anytime soon unless someone can hack Amiibos and trick their console or handheld.

I guess that is a good idea, especially for those who want to collect and actually use them. If it was region locked, those people who sell amiibos on Amazon or eBay wouldn't be too bothered, since people wouldn't even take them out of the box and use them. This may mean that Region Lock would be put to an end soon.

Back