M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
You read that right.
One Billion.
Let that soak in for a second.
Okay, for real now.

Nintendo's president of America Reggie Fils-Aime predicts that these Amiibos wil pull in $1 Billion in sales.
These toys go under the category "Toys-to-life" along with Skylanders and Disney Infinty.
Super Smash Bros Wii U is one of the most pre ordered Wii U games
Around 7,000 have been preordered.
Not only that, the Wii U version is the first to support these Amiibos, and with 3DS support around the corner, Nintendo will be bathing in money.
So lets do the Math here.
Well, watch me do it I guess.

Ok 7,000 x 60 is 420000
Thats just for the pre orders. Think about the hoildays.
Lets double that so 420000 x 2 is 840000
Ok for Amiibos to pull in $1,000,000,000 they need to sell 76923077 units. (price of $13 each)
lets say half the families that buy get 1 Amiibo. Thats 420000 Amiibos.
More than one family will probably get around 3 so thats 1260000. So in total we are at half.
3DS support comes and double that its 2520000. Times the price of $13 and thats $32760000. I know my math is a little off but that is fairly close. And think, thats probably only wave 1-2.Wait till 3 comes out.

Amiibo_Group.jpg

Amiibos are set to hit shelves soon before the hoildays.
To reserve 10 Amiibos, look here: http://www.lootcrate.com/amiibo

Thanks for reading!

Reactions: 3dsatackman
Well it's the holiday season and it's new so that might help it sell. It supports multiple game systems and games, it can transfer data, it's region free, kids will be begging for it for the holidays. Big title Smash Bros. supports Amiibo. Roughly 76,923,076 need to be sold to reach the goal. 76 million actually sounds like a small goal considering the amount of different Amiibos and the population of potential consumers. It seems reasonable though because it's not like everyone would want one. Maybe this goal will be reached by the end of the year?

Well it's the holiday season and it's new so that might help it sell. It supports multiple game systems and games, it can transfer data, it's region free, kids will be begging for it for the holidays. Big title Smash Bros. supports Amiibo. Roughly 76,923,076 need to be sold to reach the goal. 76 million actually sounds like a small goal considering the amount of different Amiibos and the population of potential consumers. It seems reasonable though because it's not like everyone would want one. Maybe this goal will be reached by the end of the year?
Lets not forget, there are some nuts out there who will throw their cash for every Amiibo they see. Theyre also pulling off some popular characters (Shulk, Megaman, etc) and Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors is soon to have Amiibo functionality too. Plus, as you mentioned before, it looks like a toy that flipping kids are going to want. Raking in the money I say

Lets not forget, there are some nuts out there who will throw their cash for every Amiibo they see. Theyre also pulling off some popular characters (Shulk, Megaman, etc) and Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors is soon to have Amiibo functionality too. Plus, as you mentioned before, it looks like a toy that flipping kids are going to want. Raking in the money I say
I'm going to buy Amiibos, and probably a lot too.....

I'm going to buy Amiibos, and probably a lot too.....
Exactly my point. I feel like itll be 1 Amiibo per every Wii-U owner (As an average) and thats just for the beginning of the time period that Amiibos are released. By next year, people will start understanding the true potential of the Amiibos, seeing that many games are going to function with them and start sucking the life out of the Amiibos.

Exactly my point. I feel like itll be 1 Amiibo per every Wii-U owner (As an average) and thats just for the beginning of the time period that Amiibos are released. By next year, people will start understanding the true potential of the Amiibos, seeing that many games are going to function with them and start sucking the life out of the Amiibos.
I'm planning on going bankrupt due to Amiibos so yes, that is a very valid point

I'm planning on going bankrupt due to Amiibos so yes, that is a very valid point
Breaking News:

Nintendo has recently announced that Amiibos have very limited data. Each Amiibo may only hold the data for one game at a time. This could very well damage the sales of these Amiibos seeing the very inconvenience that they bring about. Nintendo, you have failed this city.

Breaking News:

Nintendo has recently announced that Amiibos have very limited data. Each Amiibo may only hold the data for one game at a time. This could very well damage the sales of these Amiibos seeing the very inconvenience that they bring about. Nintendo, you have failed this city.
Serioulsy?

"If you wish to use the data from other read/write compatible software, please erase the data in the 'Amiibo settings' section of the Wii U settings menu."

However, Nintendo also states that an Amiibo with data already stored on it can still be used for read-only games, such as those in which it unlocks secret items.

For example. a Captain Falcon Amiibo with Smash Bros data stored on it can still be used to unlock a Captain Falcon suit in Mario Kart 8, since it does not require data to be stored on the figure.

Nintendo launched a Wii U system menu update on Tuesday that added Amiibo functionality, including the ability to register an Amiibo owner and nickname, delete data written to an Amiibo by supported software, or reset an Amiibo.

"If you wish to use the data from other read/write compatible software, please erase the data in the 'Amiibo settings' section of the Wii U settings menu."

However, Nintendo also states that an Amiibo with data already stored on it can still be used for read-only games, such as those in which it unlocks secret items.

For example. a Captain Falcon Amiibo with Smash Bros data stored on it can still be used to unlock a Captain Falcon suit in Mario Kart 8, since it does not require data to be stored on the figure.

Nintendo launched a Wii U system menu update on Tuesday that added Amiibo functionality, including the ability to register an Amiibo owner and nickname, delete data written to an Amiibo by supported software, or reset an Amiibo.
Ahhh ok thanks that released some of the worry I had. I needed that to be cleared up :thumbsup:

Nintendo is going to get rich, they were already rich and now they will become richer.I want all of the smash amiibos they look really cool and will decorate my room in a cool super way.Amiibos are cool I hope there are pokemon ones too.

They took the concept of the sky landers toys and improved on it 100x :D

Well knowing Nintendo , they always seem to do very well in doing these kinds of things and I guess they already predicted it right . Nintendo is probably gonna make about billions in just a matter of time and soon they will be making even more amiibos with famous characters getting everyone to buy them . I had never bought one before but just reading this makes me want to buy more !

Back